Do you live in Buckinghamshire and seek an opportunity to advance your nursing career within a role that will help develop your professional decision making and skills. Why not try this new opportunity and join the Buckinghamshire Continence Service.
An opportunity has arisen for a community staff nurse with a special interest in continence to join our small team and provide nursing interventions to patients in their home and Clinic environments,Main duties of the job
To contribute to processes for service and quality improvement.Assess the physical and psycho-social needs of patients and deliver therapeutic interventions based on best available evidence in order to improve health outcomes.To manage own case load, delivering and evaluating service delivery to patients with a variety of medical conditions and those delegated by case managers.To plan interventions with the Case Manager and other team members using the assessment process.To take part in the referral management process to ensure patients are treated by the most appropriate member of the team/service.
To contribute to the development of protocols and procedures developed for clinical pathwaysAssist in the development of case management protocols and guidelines within their own area of professional practiceAbout usListen to why colleagues think we're a great place to work!
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Registered health professional - Diploma level
- Evidence of recent CPD
- CPD Post graduate module(s) in long term conditions
- Demonstrate experience post or pre-registration placements in relevant clinical areas: * Care of Elderly * Community * Orthopaedics * Neurology * Respiratory * Palliative Care * Long term conditions
- Community experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Knowledge of working with a single assessment , planning and the delivery of care
- Experience of electronic clinical systems and technology eg RIO
- Experience participating in a research or audit project
- Demonstrate profession specific clinical assessment planning delivery and evaluation skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of modernisation agenda within the NHS and social care
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing skills
- IT skills
- Presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car driver / owner able to travel to other locations within the trust
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Brookside Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.