Band 7- Clinical or Counselling Psychologist / Psychotherapist
Elevate your career with Newham Talking Therapies! We're on the lookout for skilled Psychotherapists or Clinical/Counselling Psychologists to join our exceptional relational therapy team. Become a vital member of our dynamic team, collaborating with psychotherapists proficient in diverse therapeutic modalities such as systemic, couple therapies, EMDR, CBT, DIT, IPT, CFD, and integrative therapies. This is your opportunity to thrive in a vibrant and innovative therapeutic environmentMain duties of the job
Clinical or Counselling Psychologist/Psychotherapist
Embark on an exciting journey with us! The ideal candidate will bring finely honed assessment and therapy skills tailored for a Primary Care IAPT service. Beyond your foundational training, we're committed to enhancing your expertise with specialised training in a relational-based IAPT modality, such as Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) or Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), within the first year of joining.
As a valuable team member, you'll manage a caseload of telephone/video clients, complemented by a select group of face-to-face engagements. Our staff currently attend clinics for up to two days a week, balancing the remaining workweek from the comfort of home--a strategy continually refined to meet our evolving clinical demands.
Flexibility is our forte, and we enthusiastically welcome applications from those seeking part-time or flexible hours. Operating Monday to Thursday (8 am to 8 pm) and Friday (8 am to 5 pm), you have the freedom to nominate your preferred working hours, with a commitment to work a minimum of one evening per week.
For those considering a move, we're here to support you with a relocation package. Join us in reshaping the landscape of mental health services!About usSo who are we?
Step into the welcoming community of Newham Talking Therapies (NTT), a well-established primary care (IAPT) talking therapies service known for its steady and supportive atmosphere. Nestled in the diverse borough of Newham, our service provides practitioners with opportunities to learn from our varied residents and collaborate with our experienced staff.
Whether you're seeking to expand your therapy skills, gain expertise, or explore avenues for clinical or managerial growth, NTT offers a space for your professional journey. We are dedicated to supporting our team members' progression, creating roles that allow for the development of clinical expertise in specialized areas aligned with service needs.
As a part of NTT, you'll receive regular supervision from experienced clinicians and have access to various in-house Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events. Committed to maintaining a healthy work-life balance, we prioritise a positive working environment.
Our mission is straightforward: to make a positive impact on people's lives by enhancing their quality of life. Rooted in values like We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive, we seek individuals who embody these principles in their interactions with service users, carers, and colleagues within the Trust and our partner organizations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for details.
If you have any further questions, please contact Andrew Dalziel, Senior High Intensity Therapist Relational Therapies Lead on 0208 175 1770for an informal discussion.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registered Counselling or Clinical Psychologist (eligible for BABCP accreditation) OR Psychological Therapist/High Intensity therapist (CBT) with a core mental health training e.g. nursing, social work, accredited and registered by BABCP, UKCP and HPC
- All applicants must be BABCP accredited or eligible to apply for accreditation within 6 months. CBT trainee therapists must complete their training with 3 months of our offer and a band 6 position would be offered initially.On confirmation of passing the relevant CBT training course a band 7 position would be offered. If the completion of the course does not occur within 3 months of the offer, we would close the contract.
- Relevant specialist trainings or qualifications in other High Intensity Therapies and accreditation with professional body
- Training or qualification in providing CBT in group formats.
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Training in provision of supervision for CBT
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrate high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
Skills & CompetenciesEssential
- Experience in treating Post traumatic Stress Disorder
- Experience of delivering therapy in a group format
- Experience of delivering clinical supervision
- Experience of delivering therapy through interpreters
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Understanding of issues surrounding clinical risk
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Completed clinical audits within a service
- Experience of using IAPT clinical systems, eg. Iaptus
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety disorders and depression and how these problems may present in Primary Care
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Good record of Continuing Professional Development and willingness to continue this
- High level of enthusiasm and Motivation.
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships
- Ability to use clinical supervision and case management positively and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality
- Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with service users, & in own personal and professional development and in supervision
- The ability and skills to act as an advocate for the new service, to engage and foster good professional relationships with all health professionals in promoting the good integration of this service with the wider health care system
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluent in languages other than English
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Vicarage Lane Health Centre
10 Vicarage Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.