We are a developing service and our aim is to transform the way mental health support is delivered in North East Essex. We are a team that respect and value diversity, and innovation and have the passion to constantly evolve our practice, always striving for better.
Our ambition is to deliver a first class offering to people in their communities and we want you to be a part of that ongoing vision. This will include working closely with the North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance. The Alliance brings together local authorities in North East Essex (Colchester and Tendring) with other commissioners and providers of health and wellbeing services, such as the NHS, County Council Social Services, and the voluntary and community sector, working together to tackle not just ill-health, but the causes of ill-health by having joint goals of reducing inequalities and creating healthy, resilient communities for everyone. As part of Live Well we promote healthy living in communities and families across Colchester and Tendring to improve physical and mental well being We are happy to accept newly qualified staff to apply (including students in third year due to qualify)Main duties of the job
The post holder will assume responsibility for delegated aspects of healthcare delivery, working within a scope of practice under the direction/supervision of a registered practitioner. They will work within relevant legal and ethical frameworks in accordance with organisational protocols and policies.
The post holder will be proficient, knowledgeable and competent. They will continue to develop in their role through the acquisition of further skills, knowledge and competencies, to be determined by the needs of the patients, the service and the team
The Practitioners will offer service-users the following means of support:
- Reducing distress
- Promoting recovery
- Supporting carers and care networks
- Providing psycho-education and awareness
- Reducing stigma associated with psychosis and other co-morbid mental health conditions
- Preventing relapse
- Monitoring physical health and promoting physical wellbeing
- Promoting social and community inclusion
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employmentJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To improve the lives of people with mental ill health by minimising the impact of their condition through the delivery of excellent services to promote recovery and wellbeing
- To be compassionate in meeting the needs of patients and their cares
- To work closely with Primary Care and Community health care colleagues within the locality regarding the mental health needs of their adult practice population
- To be professionally accountable and responsible for patient care.
- To promote social inclusion, community access and participation through the provision of patient care
- To provide timely and time effective triage calls to patients and identifying patients holistic needs. Including liaising with other services.
- To provide follow-up support for the Mental Health Practitioners and General Practitioners within your PCN and
- To promote at all times a positive image of people with mental ill health
- Hybrid working, working at base, GP surgeries and from home
Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable
- Professional qualification in mental health or equivalent.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Management
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Herrick House base but working remotely
Colchester and Tendring
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.