Clinical Pharmacist - 37.5 hours per week, over 7 days. Plus 1:6 weekends plus emergency duty payment from commencing on-call duties. Permanent Position
Are you an experienced or recently qualified hospital pharmacist, seeking new challenges in a clinically-orientated pharmacy service? Or are you a community pharmacist who would like to make the move into hospital pharmacy and become involved in multidisciplinary patient care? The ideal candidate will have hospital experience & candidates qualifying this summer are encouraged to apply. Previous applicants need not applyMain duties of the job
Are you looking for a wide-ranging and stimulating pharmacy experience? You will gain experience in Clinical Pharmacy, Medicines Information, Dispensary and Aseptic Services.We are looking for a pharmacist to join our expanding team providing clinical pharmacy services. Hospital experience is unnecessary as we have an excellent track record of training and developing all staff.More than half your time will be spent on ward-based patient care the remainder dealing with patients and other health professionals.About us
Based just off the M61, twenty minutes from the centre of Manchester and with excellent transport links to the rest of the North West, we are a forward thinking Foundation Trust. The pharmacy has recently implemented a major re-engineering of services, including automation, to further develop a highly proactive clinical service from a newly refurbished modern department.
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust provide services across the North West side of the Greater Manchester area ranging from hospital services in Bolton to community services across Bolton, Salford, Ashton, Leigh and Wigan. We are a progressive, expanding organisation with great ambition around improving quality, integrating pathways and delivering high levels of productivity. We have a CQC rating as good overall and we have some key areas of outstanding practice with an outstanding rating for being well led at every level.
Over 5,700 people work for the Trust and many of them have been here a long time. People find they do not need to go elsewhere to find a fulfilling career in healthcare. The Trust offer a range of flexible working patterns to enable our staff to balance their work and personal life.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe Clinical Pharmacist will:-
- Manage from time to time staff involved in the implementation and development of services in conjunction with Lead Clinical Pharmacists and the Pharmacy General Services Manger (Chief Technician).
- Independently, but in line with the business plans of the Pharmacy service, implement services provided by the Pharmacy Department.
- Identify, for consideration within the departments business plans, initiatives to further the service. Where appropriate implement and monitor these developments.
- Undertake clinical audit and practice research within the Pharmacy Department and the specified clinical areas and/or services and implement any action necessary from this audit cycle.
- Provide training to staff within the practice area, and other areas according to competence, including, pre-registration pharmacists, pharmacists, student technicians and technicians.
- Comply with pharmacy practice Standard Operating Procedures within the practice area.
- Attend local meetings as the representative of the pharmacy department as required within the role and as delegated.
- Participate fully in all pharmaceutical services provided by the Pharmacy department.
- Provide professional leadership to clinical pharmacists, pre-registration pharmacists, technicians and assistants working within the Pharmacy service.
- Prepare the weekly pharmacists rotas in line with departmental policy.
- Comply with the legal and other requirements related to the purchase, supply, use, safe custody and destruction of drugs within pharmacy and in all other areas of the hospital.
- Be responsible for ensuring all activities associated with the receipt and supply of medicines are recorded personally on the Pharmacy computer systems according to procedure.
- Assist in the distribution of medicines to patients, wards and departments and to assist in maintaining systems for the control of drugs in accordance with current legislation.
- Handle cash in respect of prescription charges or sales of medicines.
- Vocational Masters Degree in Pharmacy
- One year pre-registration training and experience
- Membership of The General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Working towards/enrolled in further study eg Diploma in clinical pharmacy, or equivalent
- Pre-registration training experience in hospital or community pharmacy
- Ability to cope with occasional distressing circumstances eg when dealing with seriously ill patients
- Able to think clearly in stressful situations
- Good all round clinical knowledge and practical clinical skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good all round community pharmacy experience relevant to hospital practice
- Previous clinical experience
- Evidence of further education/training in clinical pharmacy practice
- Teaching/training experience
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bolton Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.