An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our well-established Medical and Nursing team in our Acute Medical Unit at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. Band 6 Deputy Sister - Acute Medical Unit
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic individual to take on the role of the Deputy Sister to support the ward sister in the leadership and management of the ward team, responsible for the provision of patient care, ensuring that it is evidence based and of a high standard and to maintain 24-hour responsibility for the clinical area.
The post holder will ensure that patients receive the necessary care and treatment to promote health by preventing and treating diseases in acutely unwell adults. This will be achieved through the application of specialist knowledge, skills and practice.
This role requires close working relationships with a wide range of the multi-disciplinary/speciality teams, the Consultants, Heads of Nursing, Matrons, Ward Managers and the Clinical Site Management team. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will need to have the ability to deal with challenging situations in a fast-paced environment in a professional and calm manner.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Acts at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct (Ensures working colleagues also act in accordance with Code of Conduct), and within the principles of the scope of Professional Practice and ensures other members of the team also work within
- Supervises the work of the nursing
- Ensures planned nursing care is delivered safely and effectively taking into account the views of the patient and their
- Undertakes the nursing assessment of the patient including risk assessments g. Tissue viability, falls.
- Ensures plans of care for patients are written and updated as
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Good general education
- Registered Nurse (Level 1)
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of further continued professional development
- First Line Management Course
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Diploma in Nursing
- Relevant ENB Course
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, relatives and the multi-disciplinary team in English
- Ability to write clearly and legibly in English
- Managerial and leadership ability
- Competency in IV drug administration. Infusion pump skills
- Knowledge of up to date nursing and NHS issues
- Computer Literate
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to work required shift pattern.
- High motivation and ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of evidence informed and research based practice
- Ability to plan a rota
- Ability to resolve conflict/dispute in a non confrontational manner
- Driving Licence
- Ability to work required shift pattern
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sound experience as Upper Band 5
- Previous experience as shift/team leader
- Specialist requirements
- Experience of teaching students, HCA's and qualified staff
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.