Consultant in Forensic / Adult Psychiatry - HMP Aylesbury
An opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to join CNWL Health & Justice Services.
We are looking for a Consultant who is passionate about prison psychiatry and can deliver outstanding clinical leadership to the mental health team. This Post is ideally suited for a Consultant who enjoys assessing and treating challenging and unusual mental and physical health clinical presentations in a complex long term environment.Main duties of the job
This is a new post
To provide clinical leadership to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care to the men resident
To develop their own specialist interests and if appropriate to bring these in line with Trust and local service development
Teaching and training of specialist nurses, other nurses and prison staff where appropriate.
To contribute to the maintenance and development of offender care services within the Trust to the highest standard through clinical audit and other activities related to Care Quality.About us
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) is one of the largest trusts in the UK, caring for people with a wide range of physical and mental health needs. We have approximately 7,000 staff that provide healthcare to a third of London's population and across wider geographical areas, including Milton Keynes, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire.
As a Foundation Trust we involve service users, carers, the public, staff and partner organisations in the way that we are run and our future development. If you are interested in becoming a member of our Foundation Trust please visit our website.
Our catchment area spans diverse communities, with over 100 first languages spoken. It contains areas of great affluence as well as areas of much deprivation. We are committed to providing services that meet the needs of the people who use them, and we actively encourage involvement from local people who can help make a difference.
A full access to a wide range of staff Benefits, Discounts and Offers you can enjoy when you join CNWL. Some listed but not limited to and some are open to your family too. Please refer to our Reward and wellbeing handbook for more information and full details on the deals you can save money on your weekly food shops, cinema tickets, meals out and holidays or even weekend breaks.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Study discounts for staff
- Flexible working
- Interest free loans - season tickets and car parking
- Weekly paid bank work
- Fitness and Wellbeing
This is a new post, created as a result of the service expanding within HMP Aylesbury and a reduction in session of the existing Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist at HMP Aylesbury.
Healthcare in prisons is commissioned by NHS England. Primary care, addictions and mental health services are provided by Central North West London NHS Trust Offender Care and are on site every day of the week. Primary care staff will provide services similar to those provided in a GP Surgery and we offer access to screening programs, health living information and immunisations.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho- social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experience of Quality Improvement
- Management experience
- Membership of committee / relevant regulatory body
- CQC preparedness
- Contract / procurement knowledge
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
HMP Aylesbury Offender Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.