We are delighted to have developed a new post in Mid Essex where the postholder will be able to enjoy a variety of clinical work in the Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) Service.
The EIP team, is a friendly MDT team working in the community of Mid Essex (including Chelmsford, Braintree, Maldon and Halstead) providing evidence based services in innovative ways to people experiencing a first episode of psychosis. There are a number of psychological services staff in the team who enjoy: the clinical work the team work the autonomy and also the career development opportunities. We have links across 6 EIP teams in Essex and are also connected with the new At Risk Mental State (ARMS) services now also being developed across the county.
We have a number of recruitment possibilities in EIP, so this post can be offered as the 0.45wte part time post as advertised, or may also be appealing for someone looking for more hours than advertised, working within our EIP and ARMS services. Our psychological services staff are offered and take up a great range of CPD including developing individual and therapeutic training e.g. varied Family Interventions for Psychosis, CBTp, EMDR to name a few.
We would welcome applications from trainees who will be qualifying shortly and who would be looking for a Band 7 Preceptorship opportunity.
For further information or an informal chat please contact Dr Sarah Pennington, Principal Clinical Psychologist (email@example.com) Main duties of the job
- Provide psychological assessments of service users, utilising information from health, social care, education and employment contacts, as well as direct contact with the service user and their carers.
- To formulate and implement plans for psychological treatment and/ or management of the service user's mental health problems based on appropriate conceptual frameworks and employing methods of efficacy.
- To be responsible for delivering evidenced-based psychological individual and family interventions.
- To be responsible for planning, setting up and delivering evidence-based group psychological interventions.
- To deliver consultation, supervision and training to other members of the MDT.
For further main duties please see the Job Description. About us
The EIP team is made up of Nurses, OTs, Social Workers, Support Workers, Peer Support Workers, Psychiatry, Clinical Psychologists, CAPs, Trainees and Assistant Psychologists. The NICE guidance recommends that those experiencing a first episode of psychosis be offered CBTp and a Family Intervention. The post holder will be required to work across the Mid Essex locality including Chelmsford, Braintree, Maldon and Halstead.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be responsible for robust assessment and formulation of a service users psychological needs. To offer highly skilled care-planning in response to the formulation and communicate this accordingly to those involved in the care of the service user. To ensure that effective, tailored, evidence based psychological assessments and interventions are delivered to service users and their families
- To work in collaboration with colleagues, teams and other services towards the overall provision of evidence based, cost effective, direct and indirect interventions to service users, and other stake holders. To actively contribute to the decision making process of how scarce resources are utilised wisely and appropriately.
- To contribute to the management of referrals by attending the daily MDTs and other relevant team meetings. To assist colleagues to develop working hypotheses of service users presenting needs, informing the next steps in their care.
- To assist in and contribute to the development of services, teams, projects and interventions. To contribute to the review and evaluation of these developments. To give expert clinical advice to management about the effectiveness of interventions and models of care.
- In delivering your duties you are expected to display behaviours that are aligned with the Trust values and your professional body.
For additional information please view the job description and person specification for this advert. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification e.g. clinical/counselling psychology doctorate.
- Post-accreditation training in CBT/CBTp, FIp, BFT
- Experience of working in community mental health teams
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience working in EIP teams
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
17 Bocking End Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.