We are recruiting for a Theatre Clinical Educator who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
To facilitate the education and development of all Theatre Nursing / ODP staff.
To teach and educate staff for them to achieve competencies within the Theatre department.
To help the senior Theatre Educators devise and maintain strategies to ensure professional development of all members of the Theatre team.
To function as a resource for all Theatre staff, facilitating application of theory to practice in the clinical area.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
Primarily be supernumerary to staffing requirements.
Ensure that speciality training activity meets the specific needs of the clinical area.
Promote an environment that encourages learning, teaching and the development of all staff, including those undergoing training.
Support Theatre Education Team, Senior Management and Theatre Coordinators with staff learning objectives and educational needs.
To function as a resource for all theatre staff, facilitating application of theory to practice in the clinical area.
The post holder will be expected to function as an independent practitioner/clinical expert by virtue of their in-depth knowledge and experience.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Post holder is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of basic Theatre equipment and Theatre set up, including the equipment below (This list is not exhaustive)
- Bair Hugger (patient warming system)
- Equipment required for endoscopic procedures and surgery, (insufflation, camera, light source etc)
- Tourniquet machine
- Non-invasive monitoring
- Operating Lights
- Operating table and attachments
- Flowtron Boots
- Ability to facilitate and/or deliver training in all the above
Qualifications / TrainingEssential
- Specialist equipment for relevant speciality
- Registered nurse / Operating Department Practitioner
- Substantial post-registration theatre specific experience.
- Post-registration experience in relevant specialities.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate evidence of prior involvement in delivering education and training.
- Shares knowledge in a manner conducive to learning
- Supports junior staff in dealing with bereavement situations.
- Liaises with clinical educators to help establish and maintain a forward thinking, structured approach to education
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and evidence of engagement around equality, diversity and inclusion issues in relation to policy, service development and service delivery in respect of both services to users and the management of staff
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.