The Critical Care Unit at The Royal Hampshire County Hospital is looking for a band 5 nurse. We would like to hear from motivated and enthusiastic nurses with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for critical care.
The unit at RHCH is a 9 bedded facility. We are a team of approximately 40 nurses and pride ourselves on our friendly and supportive reputation. Patients vary and we admit both medical and surgical admissions from the Emergency Department and the wards. We have an outreach service and this team works alongside the critical care team to ensure best care for our patients. We also run an established Advanced Critical Care Practitioner program.
We highly recommend an informal visit to the unit.Main duties of the job
To deliver high quality, effective and compassionate individualised health care to all critically ill patients and their families. You will work as part of a team supporting and developing colleagues whilst contributing to the efficient and effective operation of the department.
The post holder is required to be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. You will be required to work cross site (BNHH Critical Care) occasionally, transport is provided. You are also required to work some bank holidays, weekends and night duties.About us
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are new to critical care you will be required to join our critical care foundation programme which involves the theory of critical care along with some simulation practice.
Happy to talk flexible working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Current Professional Registration
- Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
- Computer Literate
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Recognised ITU/HDU Course
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Experience in an acute setting within medicine, surgery or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Professional Code of Conduct
- Able to apply evidence-based practice
- Awareness of clinical governance
SKILLS AND ABILITYEssential
- Demonstratable experience in an acute trust
- Ability to successfully manage people and change
- An understanding of current issues relating to the NHS
- Patient focused
- Good communication skills
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good management of own and others time
- Able to use initiative and make decisions
- Analyses problems and implements appropriates solutions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have a confident approach and the ability to inspire confidence
- Experience of Cardiac Output Monitoring
- Experience of renal replacement therapy
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.