NMC Registered Clinical Supervisor - Band 6 - Bank SOUTH WEST LONDON BANK - Hosted by Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
We now need NMC registered vaccinators, with Clinical Supervisory experience to step forward in the continued effort to deliver an effective immunisation programme across South West London.
As a Clinical Supervisor for the Immunisations service, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the delivery of vaccinations for influenza (flu), COVID-19 vaccine(s) and assist in other immunisation programmes as required. You will be required to vaccinate adults and children.
The post holder will undertake a clinical supervisory role, overseeing a team of Immunisers and other HCPC at larger Pop Ups or working alongside a single colleague at smaller closed outreach clinics.
You will be able to choose your shifts and sites through our rostering system, you will be fully briefed and training will be provided on all relevant vaccines. This advert is for Bank work and you will work as and when required, with flexibility to choose your shifts within the constraints of the service. Please note - if successful you will receive an offer from Croydon Health Services, as the host Trust for the South West London Immunisation Service.Main duties of the job
In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Delivery of a safe immunisation service, assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
- Conducting clinical assessments of patients prior to vaccination
- Supporting the reviews of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
- The clinical supervision of safe vaccination delivery.
- The supervision of drawing up and preparation of the vaccine prior to administration and ensuring that each activity is recorded.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures
- Responsible for clinical supervision of a team of registered professionals and immunisers/administrative staff, or individual colleague.
- Responsible for providing highly specialist advice and technical services in relation to the care of patients
- Required to work with minimal supervision
- Plan, advise, recommend and evaluate treatment when necessary
- Handle difficult conversations (sensitive, language barriers, hostile atmosphere) and convert complex technical information into easily to understand communication
- Lone working may on occasion be required
- Collection of cool box from base site to Clinic location - preferable if you have a clean driver's license and use of own car for work purposes
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
- Croydon University Hospital
- Purley Hospital
- The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
- Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
- A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust.
Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity. Our Vision: Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it Our 5 key 'Here for you' promises to the people of Croydon are:
- You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
- You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
- You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
- You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
- You feel it's getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of Listening into Action as a new way of working.
The approach we are taking to Listening into Action is new and different.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached supporting document which contains more information about this role - SWL Clinical Supervisor JD B6. If sufficient applications have been receivedfor this vacancy it may be closed earlier than the published closing date.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Health Care Professional NMC for nurses
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake
EssentialDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience in immunisation and vaccination
- Previous experience in clinical supervision
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Various sites across South West London
South West London
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.