Band 6 District Nursing Sister/Charge Nurse
- 1.0 WTE, 37.5 hours a week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated District Nursing Sister/Charge Nurse/ SSN looking for a development role, to join us in our friendly and supportive DN team based at Burton Town DN team
We are looking for someone who is dynamic and motivated and has the confidence to support, coach and develop individuals to deliver consistently high quality services. Excellent communication and time management skills, and sound clinical knowledge, are essential. You will be responsible for the ongoing assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
Requirements for the post are a Degree in Nursing or equivalent and a Specialist Practitioner Qualification in District Nursing, or intention to complete. This post would be suitable for a newly qualified candidateMain duties of the jobPlease refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake. Communication & Interpersonal Skills Essential
Personal Qualities Essential
- Effective communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work within a team and develop others
- Ability to manage busy caseload
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Demonstrates a caring attitude to patient care
- Demonstrates a responsible attitude to their work
- Demonstrates respect for patient dignity
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to cope with distressing or emotional circumstances
Education and Qualifications Essential
- Relevant experience to the role including assessment and management of long term conditions
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively.
- Supporting service users, families and carers in dealing with the delivery of healthcare in the community.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team.
About usWhy choose East Staffordshire as a place to work?
- Registered Nurse with NMC qualification
- Completion of SPQDN course or willingness to undertake
- Evidence of professional development
Because we are an innovative, integrated Community service covering the East Staffordshire area including the Burton Town area, Uttoxeter and the surrounding Villages. We work closely across the Nursing teams, AHP's including Podiatry, Physio, Falls Team, Stroke and Rehab team including our OOH service, to ensure that our patients are at the centre of the care provided. We collaboratively deliver our care across all the professions, recognising the importance for patient centred approach
We pride ourselves on our strong leadership, innovation, prevention and implementation of the care within the living model in all our patient care. We ensure that all of MPFT's values and behaviours are entwined and embedded within our staff, teams and our patient centred care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Be competent as appropriate to the requirements of the
- Demonstrate at all times the Partnership Trust Values of: People, Empowerment and Partnership.
- Be a Registered Nurse and have a detailed professional and clinical They will be a specialist practitioner and have a focus in the following areas
- Palliative care
- Management of continence
- Administration of medication
- Management of long term conditions
- Be responsible for a defined population of service users in a variety of settings across the Partnership Trust including the community and
- Be skilled in the assessment of complex/specialist care/support needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of care/support
- Have supervisory, training and leadership responsibilities where appropriate and will have some responsibility for team performance and service developments/improvements.
- Demonstrate initiative and be creative in finding solutions to
Work with the Operational Lead undertaking delegated tasks in team management.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC registered
- SPQ DN qualification or working towards
- Community experience
- willingness to undertake SPQ qualification
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- community experience
- Band 6 DN experience
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Burton Town DN team
Anglesey House, Anglesey Road, Burton on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.