Band 7 Specialist Community Nurse IST
To provide senior clinical leadership within the Intensive Support Team (IST). They will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate communication and physical presence takes place with other Healthcare providers of in-patient hospitals and placements.Main duties of the job
To guarantee outcomes and regular reviews of all Assessment and Treatment beds irrespective of provider, including out of county placement, lengths of stay and ensure estimated discharges are recorded and appropriately shared with Commissioners of services.About usBe Part of Our Team...
BCHC has more than 5000 staff working across Birmingham and the West Midlands in a wide range of community nursing and specialist healthcare roles. BCHC delivers over 100 clinical services, in people's homes, health centres, clinics and inpatient facilities. We deliver a wide range of services for children, young people and families as well as adults and community services, two community hospitals, services for people with learning disabilities, the internationally recognised West Midlands Rehab Centre and one of Europe's leading Dental Hospitals and School of Dentistry. We deliver all of this with a commitment to integrated, personalised care that is rooted in our local communities. We have an ambition to deliver outstanding, integrated care as one of the key NHS providers in the West Midlands.
If you want to 'Be Part of Our Team' and work with a Foundation Trust which is continuously striving for best care and healthy communities, we want to hear from you. IMPORTANT
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Please ensure you check your Trac account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including business email address, telephone contact details and postal address
To hold a small caseload working in a proactive way utilising therapeutic interventions and person centred approaches to assist discharge and avoid hospital readmission for service users. Maintaining a flexible and responsive approach at all times.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of IST In-reach/outreach services, offering support citywide. The post holder will be professionally and managerially be responsible for the delivery and on-going development of the IST.
Lead and act as a specialist resource for early discharge and using expert knowledge to develop highly specialised care packages for patients transitioning from in-patient areas, and living within community settings.Person SpecificationQualifications / trainingEssential
- Registered Nurse LD/MH
- Post registration Degree
- ENB998 or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to work towards non-medical prescribing
- Extensive experience of working in learning disabilities nursing services
- Formal supervision of staff
- Allocation and delegation of work
- Working within MultiAgency Teams
- Complex health assessments
- Assessment process - hospital In - Reach
- Understand legislation in relation to People with Learning Disabilities
- Equal opportunities
- Audit tools
- Care Programme
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance
- Understanding diversity
- Information Technology (IT) skills
- Knowledge of research methodologies
Other job requirementsEssential
- Effective communication skills
- Organisational skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to fulfil the travel requirements of the job
- On call participation
- Flexible working
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
Kings Norton Birmingham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.