Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Part time (18.5 hours per week)
Are you a qualified physiotherapist looking to embark on a rewarding career? If so, join the team at Queen Victoria Hospital where you'll be supported as you empower our patients recovery within the therapies department.
This post is an exciting opportunity for a new or existing Band 6 to join our MSK team. This permanent post will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Develop as a Musculoskeletal clinician within a friendly team of peers.
- To work in a department with a commitment to ensure professional leadership, effective peer facilitation and career development.
- To work within an effective, supportive and well established team.
- To be involved in clinical audit, research activities and innovative practice.
You will be committed to putting you patient first and hold responsibility for a caseload of outpatients whilst working around other MSK clinicians. You will also get the opportunity to run exercise classes within our rehabilitation unit.
You must have excellent clinical skills, be proactive and self-motivated, but most importantly have a passion for maintaining high standards of care for our patients.Main duties of the job
- Provide a high standard physiotherapy service to patients with musculoskeletal conditions within the outpatient department.
- Provide advanced physiotherapeutic assessment and diagnosis of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions.
- Have responsibility for your own caseload, working without direct supervision.
- Develop and deliver individualised treatment programmes.
The Queen Victoria Hospital is a centre of excellence and a source of pride in the local area. It is also a friendly, supportive hospital with great opportunities.
Our compact size enables us to support one another, working closely together but also gives individuals the opportunity to shine progress on their chosen career pathways.
We offer a full in-service training rota, external training opportunities and regular scheduled clinical supervision and patient problem solving sessions. We work collaboratively with the wider therapies team and share our expertise across specialisms to ensure we provide the excellent patient care.About us
Rated GOOD overall with outstanding care by the CQC. A specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services across the South of England and beyond.
A centre of excellence, with an international reputation for pioneering advanced techniques and treatments. Everything we do is informed by our passion for providing the highest quality care and the best clinical outcomes.
At QVH we are proud of our achievements and our specialist services continue to record excellent clinical outcomes for patients. We regularly receive excellent results from patient satisfaction surveys and on average 98% of inpatients say they would recommend the hospital to their family or friends.
Our success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of our staff and a strong culture of partnership. We are fully committed to training and development of the workforce with support for continuing education and learning.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You can find further details about the job, organisational structure and benefits information in the attached Job Description and other supporting documents.
If you like what you have read and think you have the skills and experience we need then don't delay, apply today!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/Degree in physiotherapy or able to demonstrate specialist knowledge within this field through practical experience
- Evidence of successful completion of relevant specialist short courses or post graduate training or equivalent experience
- HCPC Registration
- Experience of working as part of an MSK physiotherapy and/or a multidisciplinary team at least at Band 5 level
- Experience as a rotational Band 5 physiotherapist with a broad range of experience including outpatients, respiratory care and orthopaedics (including on call responsibilities)
- Involvement in audit, research and understanding of quality issues
- Contribution to clinical education of less experienced staff, assistants or students
- Membership of specialist interest group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Remain updated with professional practice and new research
- Able to carry out moderate to intense physical effort throughout the day and carry our concurrent activities
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Victoria Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.