Level 3 Health Care Assistant Apprenticeship in Learning Disabilities - Adult Respite Service
- Must be a min of 18 years old to apply.
- Must have lived in the UK for 3 years min.
- Must have appropriate Visa covering length of apprenticeship.
- Must have G.C.S.E Maths and English. (Grades C-A* / 4-9 or equivalent.)
- 18 month apprenticeship - Fixed Term Contract.
- 37.5 hours per week. (Combining both on the job learning and study at college. Additional study will be required outside of working hours.)
- Salary - National Wage for your Age. (Salary maybe increased during apprenticeship contract, subject to the apprentice completing required competencies.)
- Hours of Work (Shift work will be required, in order to meet service demands. Therefore, you must be able to get to work independently. Bus routes cannot be directly accessed, due to the service location.)
Ashby House provides overnight respite for adults aged of 18 years plus. They will have a range of complex health needs and/or challenging behaviors. The post holder will be expected to work as part of a team to ensure that all the adults needs are met and high standards of care are maintained.
* This service is open over a 24 hour period, maximum flexibility of attendance will be required, this includes sleeping in duties, waking nights, weekends and bank holidays. These will vary each week and planned around the needs of the service.Main duties of the job
You will need to be committed to completing your apprenticeship with us and most importantly be willing to learn.
We will provide you with a mix of on the job and college training along with ongoing support to enable you to work within a very specialist service of the NHS.
In return you must complete your apprenticeship in full to ensure that you receive your qualification and continued contract of employment.
We expect you to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills which will include compassion, respect and collaboration, which are in line with our Trust values. *The attached Job Description is what you would be working towards during your apprenticeship.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Have you considered an Apprenticeship to kick start your career?
We are looking for motivated individuals who have a desire or interest to undertake an apprenticeship in Health Care within our Trust.
You will enroll on a level 3 apprenticeship in Health Care with a Learning Disabilities & Autism pathway and gain the title Health Care Assistant Apprentice and receive an agreed salary. The apprenticeship comprises a mix of both on the job and classroom learning.
You will begin this by completing the Care Certificate, attending college and gaining the necessary on the job skills and knowledge to enable you to become competent Health Care Assistant in your designated field.
Once deemed competent you will continue to complete your apprenticeship as a substantive staff member, who is apart of the staff rota. On completion, besides a guaranteed contract of employment (subject to status) , you will receive a certified qualification, which will allow you to progress your clinical career pathway with our Trust.
You will receive continued support through out your apprenticeship from your tutor, mentors, manager, peers and the Talent for Care team to ensure you meet your End Point Assessment.
If this sounds like something you would like to do then apply via NHS Jobs or TRAC.
For more information please the Job Description attached. Successful Applicants will be invited to attend a Recruitment Day.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- English and Maths at GCSE level 9 - 4 or equivalent.
- Willing to complete a level 3 Health Care apprenticeship.
OtherEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Meeting and dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and beliefs
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Ashby House LD& A Respite
Bramcote Hospital site, Lutterworth Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.