Rapid Clinical Practitioner (RCP) in Emergency Care will be responsible to the Matron and the Trust, jointly contributing and assisting with service delivery for the Emergency Department and the Medical Division. The role incorporates an initially a 12-hour 10.00-22.00 service looking hereon to expand to a 24-hour responsibility managing and effectively leading the Rapid Assessment and Treatment Area and the Resuscitation alongside other team members and agencies. The post holder will be a role model, providing regular direct clinical care. In addition, they will offer leadership, mentorship and skill to the key areas of ED. The post holder is required to hold a registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and maintain standards in accordance with UK law, the NMC, Trust and EU guidelines or the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Clinical Assessment and Resuscitation Practitioner (CARP) in Emergency Care will report to the Matron, with responsibility to workforce and staff development are in place to ensure delivery of quality, safety, financial and workforce targets and be professionally accountable to the Divisional Director for Quality and Nursing for Medicine.Main duties of the job
1. Accessible, authoritative and influential figure on whom staff, patients, families and carers can rely, to ensure the fundamentals of care are delivered effectively and efficiently.
2. To provide essential knowledge and experience within Rapid assessment Triage Area and Pitstop.
3. To Support the Ambulance off load times and working as a team to improve Cat 2 response times in the community.
4. Provide professional leadership to all junior members of the team, acting as a role model within the department, medical division and the Trust ensuring that competence in managerial and clinical practice is both developed and maintained.
5. The post holder will be expected to take a lead on coordinating admissions and transfers of patients from and to the Unit to maintain good patient flow.About us
1. Deliver the outcomes and measures for patient safety as identified in the Trusts for the Emergency Department, ensuring that day to day delivery is timely and safe, supporting the organisation to meet the corporate agenda for example, Care Quality Commission and legislation.
2. To facilitate complex care, discharge or patient care issues or complaints using analytical skills to problem solve and find solutions to ensure best practice and best patient care outcomes are achieved.
3. Be responsible for ensuring compliance with all NMC professional codes both personally and for the nursing team.
4. Act as a role model for nurses within the department, promoting and demonstrating the standards of care expected. Contribute to nursing teams utilising shared governance to continuously improve standards.
5. Provide an integral role to ensure the management and prevention of hospital-acquired infection in liaison with Infection Control Team and governmental standards.
6. Ensure clinical governance agenda encompasses continual quality improvement that focuses on reducing risk and developing efficiency and quality in care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Post Holder is required to hold either a valid 1st level registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council or HCPC registration and maintain standards in accordance with the UK law, the NMC/HCPC, Trust and EU guidelines and with a substantial relevant experience.
Please see JD and PS separatePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Active registration with the NMC or HCPC United Kingdom
- Recognised Degree/ Diploma in Nursing
- Immediate Life Support
- Advanced Life Support/ European Advanced if Support
- Minor Injury/illness
Knowledge / SkillsEssential
- Experience (through employment) of working in an acute clinical environment
- Enhanced Knowledge and experience of working as a Senior Staff Nurse.
- Experience of Essential Emergency Department Areas. Resus, Triage and Ambulance handover
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates ability to use clinical reasoning skills and techniques to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care
- Demonstrates ability to keep up to date with professional issues that influence nursing practice relating to area of clinical practice, management, education and research.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gloucester / Cheltenham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.