The Ophthalmology department is looking for Registered Nurses to join the team on a full-time permanent basis.
You will provide and maintain effective nursing care to patients/clients and their relatives, as well ascontinuously developing and enhancing your knowledge and skills that will directly influence consistent standards of clinical practice.
You'll also support the development of student nurses and junior staff, creating an atmosphere conducive to learning and practice development.Main duties of the job
- To facilitate the daily running of the ophthalmology outpatients' clinics ensuring safe staffing levels, escalating any deficits to Manager as soon as it is recognised.
- Liaise with Managers and non-clinical manager, staff regarding clinic capacity.
- Participate in providing an effective outpatients nursing service sensitive to patients' needs, based on up-to-date research practices.
- Provide nursing care required by patients during their stay within the department, supervising qualified and untrained staff.
- Ensure patients are kept informed of any delays and speak with any patients that are unhappy with delays.
- Empathy and understanding for patients attending the department, ensuring privacy and dignity are maintained at all times.
- To be able to learn and perform all diagnostic tests for ophthalmology patients.
- To be able to work safe and effectively in all clinics including pre-assessment and emergency clinics
- Act as patients advocate at all times
- Provide and maintain effective clinical assessment to ensure that patient care is planned and evaluated.
- Deliver effective nursing care to patients/clients admitted to the ward/unit.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) provides a full range of general acute, outpatient and diagnostic services at The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, the Herts and Essex Hospital in Bishop's Stortford, and St Margaret's Hospital in Epping.
We employ 3,500 staff and serve a local population of around 350,000 people living in west Essex and east Hertfordshire, centred on the M11 corridor and the towns of Harlow, Bishop's Stortford and Epping. Our extended catchment area incorporates a population of up to 500,000 and includes the areas of Hoddesdon, Cheshunt and Broxbourne in Hertfordshire. Our Values
The Princess Alexandra Promise to our patients as identified by our 3 values which will contribute to improving our patient experiences: Patient at heart
- Always holding the patient and their wellbeing at the centre of our thoughts and efforts Everyday excellence
- Sharing and celebrating our successes, being honest when we get it wrong, giving us the ability to learn from both Creative collaboration
- Knowing strength comes from diversity, we combine our experiences, skills and talents, working together to find new and better ways to care
The Trust believes in investing in all our staff and rewarding high standards of care whilst building for excellence and in return we expect our staff to uphold the Trust values to the highest level.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details, please refer to the attached job description and person specification, available to download at any time.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (part 1 register) or Degree/Diploma equivalent/experience (or about to qualify within 3 months of application)
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Evidence of post registration study/Nursing Courses
- Understanding of NMC code of professional Conduct
- Knowledge of clinical governance
- Awareness of research to support clinical practice
- Ability to assess, plan care and evaluate for a variety of surgical patients including emergency and complex care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Assessment and discharge planning skills
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.