Are you passionate about providing high quality and standards of care? Do you seek opportunities to develop and empower others? A role in Practice Development could be for you.We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate mental health nurse (RMN) to join the Practice Development Team in CPFT's Older Peoples & Adult Community Directorate.
Practice development is a continuous process of developing person-centred cultures. It is enabled by facilitators who authentically engage with individuals and teams to blend personal qualities and creative imagination with practice skills and practice wisdom. The learning that occurs brings about transformations of individual and team practices. This is sustained by embedding both processes and outcomes in corporate strategy. (Manley, McCormack & Wilson 2008).Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for driving the delivery of excellence in practice, ensuring evidence-based practice, developing standards, development of the registered and support workforce, quality improvement and implementation of the national nursing priorities across our community and in-patient mental health services.
They will act as a role model demonstrating credibility, visibility, celebrating success, encouraging creativity and innovation.About us
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health and social care organisation dedicated to providing high-quality care with compassion to improve the health and wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting andempowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services, not only via inpatient and primary care settings, but also within the community. These services include children's, adult and older people's mental health, forensic and specialist mental health, learning disabilities, primary care and liaison psychiatry, substance misuse, social care, research and development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high-calibre candidates who share our vision and values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people and members of ourethnic minority andLGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
- To report to the Head of Nursing & Quality, and work collaboratively withing the Quality and Safety team in the Directorate and work closely with operational service leads, as the senior role models and leaders.
- To lead in the development and advancement of clinical practice across OPAC mental health services.
- To lead on developing practice standards to ensure evidenced based best practice is driving effective clinical productivity and quality outcomes for patient care.
- To provide advice and practice guidance, and the development of professional practice.
- To act as a link between OPAC, CPFT and external partners in developing practice, pathways, and services.
- Masters level or eqivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Specific management and/or leadership training
- Practice development
- Experience in a senior mental health nursing position within a community setting
- Experience of teaching and assessing
- Experience of implementing quality improvement and influencing changes in clinical practice
- Experience of working in other service areas
- Experience of developing policies and procedures
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of NMC Professionalism and professional practice issues
- Understanding of CQC and NMC regulatory frameworks and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of research and audit processes and methodologies
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.