We are looking to recruit an Electrical Specialist Craftsperson with a friendly and positive 'can-do' attitude to join our team of Specialist Craftspersons within the the Estates department at Cambridge University Hospitals. You will be responsible for calibration, fault finding and repair on a wide range of engineering plant and equipment.Example Standby generators, 3 phase and single phase electrical circuits, Heating systems, Ventilation systems (including Theatre vent) and all other associated hospital plant and equipment. You will understand, diagnose and repair faults in electrical or mechanical engineering plant and equipment, to deal with new situations as they arise and re-assemble, erect and install new work. You will participate in essential training required, to ensure the Trust is compliant with statutory regulations, participating in personal development and on-going learning. You will liaise with Engineering managerial staff regarding plant or equipment failures and request the supply of goods and/or services as necessary. You will undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities at the request of the Hospital Engineer.Main duties of the jobAs well as their core specialist skill, an Electrical Craftsperson will perform work including activities which are complex and/or non-routine.
Responsible for calibration, fault finding and repair on a wide range of engineering plant and equipment. Example Standby generators, 3 phase and single phase electrical circuits, Heating systems, Ventilation systems (including Theatre vent) and all other associated hospital plant and equipment.About usOur Trust
- Installs, maintains, services and repairs full range of Estates services equipment
- Provides technical advice to other Estates Maintenance staff and contractors to ensure compliance with safety standards and procedures
- Undertakes condition surveys and evaluates inspection reports
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWorking for us
Thank you for considering a role at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which includes Addenbrookes and the Rosie Hospitals. About Us
The Trust is one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the country and is a leading clinical and academic centre with a national and international reputation for excellence. Recognised as providing outstanding care to our patients and rated Good overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. It is their teamwork, energy, commitment and imagination that make us one of the best hospitals in the UK. Our Values
The Trusts philosophy is to keep the patient at the heart of everything we do and we expect staff to uphold our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent at all times. The Trusts Values and Behaviour Standard is attached to this job description it provides more information about the type of behaviour we expect and love to see, and those we do not want to see. In considering whether to apply for the post you should consider whether you understand and feel able to live our Values. Supporting you to be the best you can be
The Trust is committed to bringing the best out of its employees. We want everyone who works here to enjoy job satisfaction and feel proud to be an employee of the Trust. Each pay band has a set of Performance Standards which explains the level of competency and standard of delivery required to perform the role, you can download the performance standard for this post with the application pack. The Trust is committed to providing on-going feedback, development and an annual appraisal discussion. Your Health and Well-Being
As a world leading healthcare organisation, CUH is a champion of good health and is committed to providing a smoke free campus to protect its staff, patients and visitors. Smoking is not permitted on the CUH campus and all employees must comply with the requirements of the CUH No Smoking Policy and support the processes and practices in place in relation to patients and visitors.Your health and well-being are important to us. If you have any concerns about a health condition or disability that you have please read this Job Description and Person Specification carefully to ensure that you would not be putting yourself at risk.We offer an extensive staff benefits package, including childcare, flexible-working schemes and the NHS pension scheme along with a range of facilities that includes on-site sport and leisure facilities. Do visit our website for more information about working at CUH and living in Cambridge Submitting your application
Please read this job description thoroughly before submitting your application. As well as meeting the essential requirements of the person specification, be sure that you can demonstrate commitment to our Values, teamwork, reliable attendance, dedication and the ability to show compassion, care and respect to our patients, visitors and colleagues.We recommend that you download the Information for Applicants - Completing your application document which provides further details about how to complete each section of your application form and further information about the application process.
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
The advert will close at midnight on 26 November 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BTEC HNC/HND/Approved Apprenticeship, City and Guilds or NVQ III Technicians Certificate or equivalent qualification in relevant topic
- Qualification and experience in Fire Alarms, Control Systems or Mechanical / Motor Con BTEC or City and Guilds in Medical Gas Pipeline and Vacuum Systems and Btec or City and Guilds in Decontamination Equipment and Sterilisation
- Electrical or Mechanical Testing and Inspection
- Able to make workload assessments and allocation
- Experience of working in an industrial environment Electrical / Mechanical Services Systems Maintenance
- Comprehensive post apprenticeship experience in a Hospital maintenance environment
- Experience of working with Electrical or Mechanical systems
- Hospital experience
- Working with natural gas systems
- Expertise and a full understanding of Electrical or Mechanical Services and Electrical Control Systems
- Full understanding of UPS, IPS and generator standby power systems
- Working knowledge of hospital equipment
- Electrical knowledge of Nurse call systems
- Working knowledge of ventilation and cooling systems
- Working knowledge of steam systems, cooling systems and BMS control systems
- Working knowledge of Building Management Systems
- Quality Electrical or Mechanical work
- Fault finding, installation and maintenance
- Administration duties such as updating worksheets / job tickets
- Data input / completion of PPM worksheets
- Quality Electrical or Mechanical Work
- Fault finding, Installation and Maintenance
- Ability to communicate verbally, by phone and in writing to Senior Management and clinical users throughout the Trust
- Capable of standing in for Supervisor to prioritise work to the rest of the team and to issue job tickets when required
- Able to work as part of a team or in isolation
- Able to evaluate and solve problems in situ
- Pipe Welding
- Steriliser Maintenance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division Corporate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.