COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE & join our enthusiastic & committed team as an Emergency Department Paediatric Nurse
& Emergency Department Nurse
We are seeking dedicated, motivated, & compassionate Emergency Department Paediatric Nurses & Emergency Department Nurses.
The department is currently undergoing extensive redevelopment including a purpose designed paediatric area. As a Paediatric Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality care to paediatric patients in emergency situations.
As a Staff Nurse you will be expected to provide & promote the delivery of a high-quality standard of family centred care in a supported environment whilst working within nationally agreed standards for Sepsis & key performance indicators.
Come along to our open evening to speak to staff within the Emergency Department. There will be colleagues on hand to discuss learning & development options once you join the Trust, & there will be an opportunity to be interviewed at the event. To register your attendance via our Eventbrite page by clicking on the link below. Please note there is no requirement for you to complete an application form via Trac or NHS Jobs.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/emergency-department-recruitment-event-for-paediatric-and-staff-nurses-tickets-761062547567?aff=oddtdtcreator We are not currently accepting applications from overseas trained Nurses who do not currently have NMC registration & are required to sit the OSCE exam. Main duties of the job
Our values framework really shapes the way we work. Passion stands for everything we believe in and not only how we act and behave but also how we work alongside each other. Our values help to create a fantastic working environment and patient experience. Emergency Department Paediatric Nurse: Key Responsibilities:
Emergency Department Nurse: Key Responsibilities:
- Assess and triage paediatric patients in emergency situations.
- Administer care, treatments, and medications as per the hospital's protocols.
- Monitor patient vital signs and respond to changes promptly.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure the best possible care.
- Comfort and support patients and their families during stressful times.
- Maintain accurate medical records and document patient care.
Please refer to the Person Specification for these roles for more information.About us
- Contribute to and ensure the timely and efficient admissions and transfers of patients to and from the emergency department/ wards/ hospitals.
- Participate and assist in the early assessment and implementation of safe discharge planning utilising appropriate resources and referral systems and to act as a role model to more junior members of staff.
- Take responsibility for a caseload of patients as required accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating, and delivering high quality, evidence-based care, including maintaining high standards of documentation
The Department sees in excess of 52,000 per annum, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, working closely with other acute trusts in the North West. The department is currently undergoing a refurbishment following a significant investment which will provide new treatment areas, new resus & a new separate childrens treatment area along with much more. This is a truly exciting time to join our team. What we can offer?
We welcome full time, flexible & part time applications
- A structured induction programme to the Emergency Department with on-going supervision supported by our Training & Development Facilitator. You will be helped to develop your skills & progress through the National Curriculum & Competency Framework for Emergency Nurses.
- Possibilities of long-term career progression within the Department with plans to develop pathways to the role of Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP)
- Funded training for courses such as Advanced Life Support (ALS), Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) & , in association with the Critical Care Unit, the Safe Critically Ill Transfer Training (SCITT)
- Flexible working schemes & much more
from those of you with a genuine interest in Emergency Nursing. Although relevant post-registration experience would be preferred, don't let this put you off. A caring, compassionate, patient-centred approach are the most important qualities for us so if you are newly qualified & want a challenge we will welcome you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the HCA role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification). To keep up to date with all of our latest Recruitment activity here at East Cheshire NHS Trust, take a look at our Careers website with lots of information on how to join our team and Facebook and Twitter pages. Visit our Facebook page: Careers at East Cheshire NHS Trust Follow us on Twitter: @CareersECT We are not currently accepting applications from overseas trained Nurses who do not currently have NMC registration and are required to sit the OSCE exam Person SpecificationSee attached Person SpecificationEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- See attached Person Specification
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
General Hospital, Victoria Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.