The interview date will be the 15th December 2023.
Following an innovative restructure, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Senior Leadership Team. We are looking for an experienced & highly motivated pharmacy technician with the enthusiasm and vision to lead our operational and patient services. This role is integral to delivering our vision of working in partnership to deliver and improve pharmacy services for the benefit of everyone.
Excellent clinical, organisational & leadership skills are vital for this role & as the lead pharmacy technician in the pharmacy service you will be an key part of the Pharmacy Senior Leadership Team at BHNFT. The successful candidate will be a strong leader, team player and forward-thinking individual. They will be conscientious & an excellent communicator, a strong and supportive line manager & will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with both internal & external stakeholders. Well-developed problem-solving skills & the ability to inspire, influence & motivate staff are essential in this role.
Applications are invited from GPhC registered pharmacy technicians with significant post-registration experience working in the hospital pharmacy setting & experience of service development & managing change within a team.
Contracted hours will be worked over 5 days, including participation in the weekend, late night, and bank holiday rotas.We will also consider flexible working solutions and would encourage an informal visit.Main duties of the job
Main duties include:
To be the lead Pharmacy Technician in the Pharmacy Service at BHNFT.
To lead, manage, develop and be responsible for the day to day management of the Operational Pharmacy services (stores and dispensaries) involved with medicines supply.
To lead the Pharmacy Procurement activities and oversee the management of all stock held in Pharmacy.
To lead, manage, develop and be responsible for Pharmacy Contract Management.
To support the Chief Pharmacist in developing, in an innovative and challenging way, the overall strategy for the Pharmacy Operational Services that incorporates performance measures and reflects Trust, local and National Health Service strategy, including advances in automation.
To be the lead for the education and training of all pharmacy technicians and all pharmacy assistants.
To lead and develop specialist pharmacy technical roles and functions within the Pharmacy service.
As a member of the Pharmacy Senior Leadership Team (SLT), to help lead and develop a strategic vision and delivery plan for the pharmacy department.
To act as a role model for technical and operational staff within the department.
Opportunities will be available to support and develop your career pathway including leadership and management development and educational skills as well as undertaking NHS leadership academy qualifications.About usPlease note that the Trust reserves the right to close a position early.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing Trust achieving a Good rating in our most recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) assessment and achieving significant progress in the delivery of our strategic objectives. We are proud of the commitment of our staff to ensuring a strong and sustainable future for this organisation which is highly valued by our local communities.
There has never been a better time to join Barnsley Hospital. It is moving at pace and a we can do this attitude is evident right through the organisation, where staff are engaged for change and committed to being part of the journey to sustainability and growth.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and fair treatment to all applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or offending history.
The cost of the DBS (criminal records check) for Band 6 and above roles only will be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities. Person SpecificationKnowledge and AwarenessEssential
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Supervisory skills.
- Methodical with attention to detail.
- Flexible approach.
- Team worker able to relate to all grades of staff.
- Clear understanding of medicines management processes associated legislation and good practice.
- Knowledge of incident and error reporting.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant national, local and professional issues and an understanding of the potential implications for Trust patients, staff and services.
- In around 100 words please describe what Equality & Diversity means to you and why they are important.
- In around 100 words please describe how you would ensure you build and sustain positive working relationships within a team.
- Management or professional qualification at post-graduate level or equivalent experience.
- BTEC/NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Services or equivalent.
- Registered with the GPhC.
- Significant management/leadership experience with the ability to manage change and delivery of services.
- Educated to masters level or equivalent experience.
- Extensive post-qualification experience.
- Demonstrable evidence of working at senior level within the hospital sector.
- Demonstrable evidence in people management.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of managing change in a complex environment.
- Experience of delivering successful project outcomes on a departmental scale.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.