An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Diabetes Team at Heartlands Hospital as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Diabetes.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic nurse who either has experience in Diabetes care or is looking for a new challenge and would like the opportunity to work within this specialist service.Main duties of the job
You will work within a specialist team to deliver high levels of diabetes care to both inpatients and outpatients. You will be supported to develop and lead on a specialism within diabetes and become an independent prescriber if you are not already.
You will act as a specialist resource and provide specialist advice in relation to care of people with diabetes and provide a range of educational and training programmes for the multidisciplinary team, patients, families and carers.
Support will be given to the post holders to develop their skills, experience and competence in all aspects of diabetes nursing.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a specific detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * Registered Adult / Child Nurse on the NMC Register (Field dependent upon role)
- * Evidence of post registration CPD / Post registration qualification in ( appropriate area of speciality or professional knowledge supplemented by specialist experience and short courses to degree / masters level equivalent FHEQ Level 6 /7
- * Recognised mentorship course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Evidence and ability to revalidate as required by the NMC
- * Significant years post registration experience as a Clinical Nurse Specialist at B6 or above in defined or associated speciality
- * Extensive experience of working autonomously at a specialist level
- * Evidence of achievements and career development in current post and of ongoing professional development/ competence
- * Demonstrate expert knowledge underpinned by theory and CPD relevant to speciality
- * Experience and enthusiasm for developing educational programmes and teaching / assessing and supervising others in a clinical setting
- * Working in a multi-disciplinary and cross agency work environment
- * Experience of patient service user advocacy role
- * Can demonstrate expert nursing knowledge with an ability to assess, plan , implement and evaluate specialist care delivered to patients and give advice and information to patients / relatives/ care staff
- * Awareness of current relevant NHS policy context relating to the speciality
- * Has understanding / experience of the principles of Safeguarding
- * Knowledge of corporate and clinical governance
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bordesley Green E
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.