BASED IN BURTON DISTRICT NURSING TEAM IN EAST STAFFORDSHIRE COVERING BURTON GP PRACTICES AND SURROUNDING AREAS Permanent post Community Staff Nurse Band 5 - Full time and Part time positions available.
We are an innovative service covering GP practices in the Burton locality and we are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated nurses to work within our team. Training and support will be offered to update your skills and knowledge in the field of community nursing
You will work independently in a community setting, participating in the ongoing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care, adhering to policies and procedures.
The service covers 7 days a week, working 8:30am - 17:00pmMain duties of the job
The Adult Community Service provides care to patients in their own homes, covering care homes and working closely with our GP practices and our integrated services such as Physio, OT and Podiatry. As a Community Staff Nurse you will deliver a high quality service, working closely with GP's and multi-disciplinary teams in addressing a range of care issues across the spectrum of health conditions, and preventing avoidable hospital admissions. We provide wound care, palliative and end of life care, leg ulcer management, continence and catheter care, management and administration of injections such as insulin and B12.About us
An award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers.
What can we offer you?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our SOOTHE resources are supporting staff across the trust with their physical and mental health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- Annual Big SOOTHE week provides time to reflect on the demands following the pandemic and connect with others to feel able to face future challenges as we move forward.
- In our Gift provides a platform for your voice to be heard to implement change
- Purchase additional annual leave as well as wellbeing days
- Career development opportunities and coaching
- Access to in house training programs, leadership management and NVQ qualifications as well as our wellbeing and recovery college
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Flexible working wherever possible including opportunities for homeworking
- Opportunities to connect of important issues such as Sustainability and digital working
- Empower and engage our staff with LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and STAFF Surveys
- Commitment to create a more diverse and inclusive organisation through our Staff Equality Network
- NHS pension scheme
- You would be eligible for NHS discounts including blue light card and red guava
You must be a qualified nursing practitioner with current NMC registration. Previous experience of working in the community is not an essential requirement, however, you do need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to delivering high quality targeted personalised care.
Post holders will be required to work flexibly on a rota system across a 7 day working week.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in nursing or equivalent
- Registration with NMC
- Working towards Mentorship qualification (998-997)
- Relevant experience/placements to the role including assessment and management of long term conditions, palliative care conditions and wound care
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively
- Supporting service users, families and carers in dealing with people with nursing needs
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in the delivery of healthcare
- Relevant placements including surgical, medical, palliative care
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Burton District Nursing Team
Anglesey House, Anglesey Road
Burton upon Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.