We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Speech & Language Therapist (SLT) to become part of our friendly and supportive SLT service at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. The post-holder will rotate between the adult acute service and the stroke service. They will develop skills working across acute inpatient wards covering a range of specialisms, and across both the hyperacute and acute stroke units. The role is based on the Charing Cross Hospital site, with cross-site working if/as required by service needs.
As a member of a large and diverse SLT department, the post-holder will benefit both from exposure to a range of expert clinicians and from the robust clinical supervision and continuing professional development structures we have in place. If required, the post holder would initially work through their newly qualified practitioner competencies, and then continue to gain wider clinical experience and skills in patient assessment, intervention and general caseload management. The post holder will participate in team, service and multidisciplinary quality improvement initiatives.Main duties of the job
To work closely with all members of the MDT ensuring that assessment results, diagnoses and treatment/management plans are communicated clearly and that all goals and treatment plans are led by the patient and understood by all of the team.
The postholder will have a designated clinical supervisor and will receive support from other SLTs within adult SLT services and from MDT colleagues on site.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
Desirable Skills/Knowledge/ AbilitiesEssential
- Degree accredited by Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Registration with HCPC
- Clinical portfolio demonstrating relevant experience and achievements
- Competent in Windows-based computer applications, i.e. Word, Outlook email, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to make appropriate clinical decisions following assessment
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with support
- Ability to communicate complex condition-related information from assessment to patients, carers and other professionals
- Ability to manage the emotional consequences of working with distressing conditions
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of working with adults with acquired neurological disorders in an acute hospital and/or rehabilitation setting
- Experience of providing speech & language therapy assessment and treatment to patients with acquired communication and swallowing disorders
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Postgraduate experience of working as a speech & language therapist with adults in an acute and/or rehabilitation setting
- Experience of working within the NHS
- Competence in independent assessment and management of acquired disorders of swallowing
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Charing Cross Hospita
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.