An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Speech Therapy Team at the Royal Derby Hospital. This role will provide clinical leadership and a highly specialist service for our Adult Acute SLT team. The successful candidate will have advanced dysphagia skills in specialist areas, such as tracheostomy care, and highly developed leadership skills. There will be opportunities to train in specialist skills such as instrumental assessments.
The Acute SLT team provide care to inpatients across the acute hospital . We have an established VFS service and have recently developed a new inpatient FEES service . This role will work collaboratively with other SLT clinical leads across the SLT team, including delivering dysphagia training to NQPs.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a HCPC and RCSLT registered Speech and Language Therapist, with developed skills, working with patients with dypsphagia.
The post holder will:
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills in developing service provision and clinical pathways relating to this specialism.
- Have a desire to develop dysphagia awareness and develop dysphagia strategy alongside your clinical lead peers.
- Will have a commitment to providing a high standard of patient-focussed care and be a strong team player, with the ability to lead and influence others.
- Will be employed by Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS FT as part of their SLT service and as such have access to a team of colleagues with a range of skills and commitment to providing high standards of evidence based approaches, you will be supported by a SLT team leader.
We are a large and dynamic Speech and Language Therapy service of over 100 staff, working across all service areas in Derbyshire.About us
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people's own homes and via virtual consultations.
During the pandemic response we have led the implementation of public vaccination centres in collaboration with partners across health and social care. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
You will be confident in providing leadership, vision and have the ability to engage and inspire others.Person SpecificationEducation , Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Recognised SLT Degree qualification or equivalent
- HCPC registered, membership of RCSLT
- Relevant advanced experience post qualification in specialist SLT field.
- Post qualification experience
- Experiential training to demonstrate highly specialist skills
- Evidence of leadership courses, training.
- MSc qualification
- Competent in instrumental assessments
- Commitment to high quality, patient focussed care
- Self-motivated with focus on continued improvement
- Able to motivate and enable others
- Recent and relevant, post-qualification experience
- Experience in supervising experienced SLTs
- Experience of supervising a range of SLTs, assistants and support staff.
Skills and attributesEssential
- Experience of working with tracheostomies
- Ability to negotiate and influence as an equal at consultant level across the MDT and other agencies.
- Contribute to the development of clinical policies.
- In depth knowledge of national policies and procedures ( relevant to specialist client group)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of contributions to publications
- Evidence of presentations at conferences, local/regional/national or international
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.