We have two vacancies for Change Managers within the Medical Care groups focused on delivering transformational change projects of a considerable scale across Dorset, including (but not limited to) the following:
- The reconfiguring of the two hospitals in East Dorset, bringing clinical/non-clinical services together, providing cohesive services and improved patient experience for the local population,
- Development of the New Hospital Programme (NHP) in the East of the County with change management cohesion,
- Other operational change projects that support the reconfiguration of services,
Performing a change management role you will be responsible for the overall development and delivery of your allocated area, working with the care group and project managers. Post holders will work in a busy and fast-paced environment managing change projects supporting the delivery of the reconfiguration of services in University Hospitals Dorset (UHD) in line with the Clinical Services Review. This role requires: Educated to degree level or equivalentAPM Prince 2 or equivalent Base Location: Bournemouth with cross site working Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
Operational Care Group vacancy (2 positions)
To principally perform a change-transformation management role within a UHD Operational Care Group focused on delivering transformational change with of a considerable scale across UHD.
The post holder will change manage assigned projects to deliver the desired outcomes in accordance with quality, budget and timescale specifications, thus performing a key role in keeping the project/programme on track to meet the objectives. This will involve:- facilitating the development of project plans with project manager supporting delivery monitoring progress supporting the identification, recording, monitoring and management of project risks and issues producing reports and papers for meetings and ensuring governance processes are followed.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities Each Change Manager will have allocated areas of work and responsibilities and will also provide cross-working support within the overall team as and when required.
This is a complex programme and you will have opportunities to link into other areas of Dorset Integrated Care System (ICS) as each element of work interacts and influences success of the whole system in Dorset.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- APM Prince 2 or equivalent
- Evidence of development of project management knowledge and skills through formal courses and/or experience
- Masters level qualification or equivalent
- Experience of delivering major projects to specified outcomes, budgets and timescales
- Experience of working across boundaries, engaging and managing a broad range stakeholders
- Experience of working within a project team(s) and delegating plans and responsibilities to other team members allocated to perform activities
Technical Skills CompetenciesEssential
- Experience in delivering projects involving large scale transformation and/or service redesign
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the services and pathways for allocated work stream and specialty responsibilities NHS acute provider experience
- Ability to deliver assigned projects and work packages, in accordance with agreed standards and methodologies, within agreed timescales, budgets and to specified quality criteria
- Highly numerate and able to communicate and present articulately both verbally and in writing
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and analyse complex information and data to ensure effective reporting and progress of projects
- Previous involvement in service development and redesign to provide high quality care and treatment to patients
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, relevant project management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of the principles of organisational change and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of relevant governance structures, Trust policies, procedures guidelines and protocols
- Knowledge of national and corporate policies that apply to assigned projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In depth knowledge of all current health service issues
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the services and pathways for allocated work stream and specialty responsibilities
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospitals Dorset - All Sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.