We have an exciting opportunity for a registered Nurse to join our Emergency department team.
Are you or can you be the exceptional emergency nurse we are looking for ?
Our Emergency department is on a journey to become one of the best in the country and our hope is that you will want to join us and help us to develop our department in providing the best care to the patients and relatives we serve.
We have modern facilities and work closely within the MDT, to form a formidable team, that consistently provides outstanding care.
Our promise to you is, we will support you to reach your full potential, and help develop you to becoming an expert practitioner - we have a dedicated practice educator for the department, and we offer development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills.
If you feel, you want to work on a department where staff are valued, care is provided to the highest standards and is at the centre of everything we do. If you want to be part of a senior team helping to develop services, then we wold look forward to meeting you. Fixed term contract until May 2025 Previous applicants need not re-applyMain duties of the job
- The post holder is responsible for the assessment of care needs.
- The development of programmes of care.
- The implementation, evaluation and updating of care programmes.
- The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and maybe required to demonstrate procedures and to supervise qualified and unqualified staff.
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.
We want to attract staff who embrace our Right Care behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients we want to make these part of our DNA.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Professional:1 Be accountable for personal nursing practice.2 Maintain a high standard of patient care.3 Be aware of current development and research in clinical practice.4 participate and assist in research at ward level.5 Undertake study to meet the requirements of PREPP.6 Act as a role model for junior staff.7 Practice the ED Nurse Skill Set (Band 5), as detailed on page8 Undertake training as required to develop competence in the ES staff nurse skill set and in respect of the scope of professional practice.9 Maintain custody of controlled drugs, checking and administering, checking and maintaining ward stock.10 Assist medical staff in ascertaining medical treatment and report patients condition to medical staff and receive instructions.11 Carry out nursing procedures and acts at all times in a professional manner.12 Contribute to teaching and assessing of learners within the requirements of the N.M.C.
Administrative:1 Enter all relevant details from ED card onto ED computer system to ensureaccurate monitoring of Standards.2 Assist in requesting of repairs of estate and equipment.3 Advise patients on the care of their property.4 Communication and co-operation with other nursing units and departments as required.
Personal:1 Ensure self participation in the staff development review system enabling a Development of knowledge and skills across Critical Care Services including rotation to other areas.2 Assist in staff induction programme for new recruits.3 Exercise leadership by personal example.4 Ensure knowledge of Health & Safety at work rules and regulations.5 Maintain working knowledge of emergency procedures.6 Be aware of discipline and grievance procedures.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
Commitment to working in A& EEssential
- Significant post registration experience
- Previous ED experience
- Diploma / Degree in nursing
- Children's nursing
- Able to work flexibly and rostered shifts e.g. Days, Nights, twilight shifts, Weekends and Bank Holidays.
Values & BehavioursEssential
- Previous experience in shift work, and evidence of willingness to work flexibly
- Able to deliver programs of care
- Put the patient first by being happy, helpful, caring, respectful and patient
- Always taking opportunities to improve, encouraging excellence
- Work as one team - communicate, collaborate and share
- Respect each other by being polite, pleasant and listening
- Knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Having an awareness of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge and experience of Clinical Governance
- Good verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate
- Evidence of professional development
- ED Nurse Skill Set
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of using databases
- ILS / PILS / APES / AIMS
- ED Skill Set
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.