The Workforce Development and Student Support Team are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic nurse, midwife or AHP with a keen interest in education and development with experience of supporting learners of a variety of backgrounds.
We seek a new member of the team who is ready to shape and influence patient experience through the delivery of high-quality evidence-based learning and development opportunities, and enjoys sharing their knowledge and expertise to develop others.
This role will work alongside the Lead Nurse for Workforce Development and Practice Educator colleagues to deliver the Preceptorship programme for newly registered practitioners, whilst also supporting clinical skills and Care Certificate delivery.Main duties of the job
The Practice Educator Workforce Development role aims to support clinical career progression for both unregistered and registered staff and positively contribute to the future healthcare professional workforce.
The Practice Educator will:
Ensure that the learner experience is of the highest quality and enables the greatest benefit from the individual clinical learning experience.
Enhance and support the role of the Practice Assessor, Practice Supervisor and Preceptor in order to provide the best possible care for learners and newly qualified practitioners.
Support for newly qualified professionals will be provided during their preceptorship and induction period.
Support the team to provide continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities for clinical staff.
Plan, organise and deliver sessions on the Care Certificate programme and support new unregistered staff through their induction period.
Plan, organise and deliver the Preceptorship programme for newly qualified practitioners and provide pastoral support in the clinical area.
Plan, organise and deliver clinical skills training in skills such as venepuncture, cannulation, IV additives and bolus, catheterisation and NG tube insertion, etc.About usPlease note that the Trust reserves the right to close a position early.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing Trust achieving a Good rating in our most recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) assessment and achieving significant progress in the delivery of our strategic objectives. We are proud of the commitment of our staff to ensuring a strong and sustainable future for this organisation which is highly valued by our local communities.
There has never been a better time to join Barnsley Hospital. It is moving at pace and a we can do this attitude is evident right through the organisation, where staff are engaged for change and committed to being part of the journey to sustainability and growth.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and fair treatment to all applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or offending history.
The cost of the DBS (criminal records check) for Band 6 and above roles only will be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction.Certificates of Sponsorship
We welcome applications from individuals who may require sponsorship under the skilled worker or health & care visa route.
**Please note funding for travel and associated relocation costs may not be covered by the Trust**
Please see further details below.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities.Person SpecificationKnowledge and AwarenessEssential
- Knowledge of current issues affecting education in healthcare, including quality monitoring issues and the modernisation of the NHS
Values based questionsEssential
- Knowledge and understanding of curriculum content of pre-registration nursing and midwifery courses and student supervision and assessment requirements
- Awareness of the NMC Standards for Education
- In around 100 words please describe what Equality & Diversity means to you and why they are important.
- How do you ensure you contribute to a well-functioning team?
- Substantial and relevant post-registration experience
- Experience of providing mentorship / practice supervision / assessment to students in practice
- Demonstrates understanding and experience of student assessment processes.
- Experience of working within teams
- Able to work in clinical area alongside learners
- Experience of inter-professional working.
- Recognised healthcare professional qualification
- Registration with NMC/HCPC
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Recognised qualification relating to teaching or supporting learners in practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of Degree in Health related subject or working toward
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.