How would you like to work as part of a high performing Health Visiting Service in the beautiful county of Buckinghamshire? There is currently an exciting opportunity to join the Health Visiting team based in High Wycombe.
We can offer you a supportive, stimulating and friendly environment that encourages learning and development. We support Champions in areas such as - Breastfeeding, Solihull Approach, Domestic Abuse, Perinatal Mental Health and CONI. The Health Visiting service has successfully achieved BFI stage 3 accreditation and we are proud to offer a high standard of breastfeeding support to our families.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us and share your valuable skills, knowledge and leadership qualities.
We welcome all applicants, experienced or newly qualified. Main duties of the job
You will be leading the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme as part of a team that includes Community Staff Nurses and Community Nursery Nurses with support from experienced Locality Leads.
You must be a registered SCPHN (Health Visiting) with current NMC registration.About us
- We are committed to providing the best care for our clients and their families
- We listen to you, value you and embrace new ideas-we want all colleagues to contribute to the direction of the service
- We value our colleagues and are committed to your development - we want you and your career to flourish.
- We offer a preceptorship package to our newly qualified Health Visitors and regular restorative clinical and safeguarding supervision.
- We offer excellent training and support further education
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families. What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Regisered nurse or midwife
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse-Health Visiting
- Leadership training
- Mentor or ENB 998
- Nurse Prescribing Qualification
Skills, Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Ability to travel to various community sites on a daily basis.
- Ability to write detailed reports on Client care to ensure interpretation by other members of the team for complete and safe care of the client.
- Development /leadership of skill mix team
- Works to evidence-based practice
- Participates in interagency collaboration
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Evidence of facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of current issues and how they impact on professional practice
- Experience of Child Protection Policies and Procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of staff management within a skill mix team and delegation of tasks
- Staff Appraisal training
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Chichester House - High Wycombe
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.