If you are looking for a new challenge, come and join our growing team providing quality care for patients across the whole endoscopy pathway including pre, peri and post endoscopic procedural care.
Endoscopy is a constantly evolving area delivering a wide range of upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy, bronchoscopy and thoracoscopy and is the centre for the Dorset Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
You will need to be a hardworking and a motivated team player committed to delivering high standards of patient centred care with excellent communication skills, a flexible attitude and you will need to demonstrate a commitment to your own personal development. This post requires frequent cross-site working across Poole and Wimborne Hospital sites, and there may be a requirement to attend Bournemouth site. Base Location: Poole Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
The successful applicant will ideally have a minimum of 12 months experience in an acute setting.
Whilst previous endoscopy experience may be advantageous it is not essential as we provide training and competency assessment.
The post holder will have an important role in this large and dynamic team that includes a team of Clinical Endoscopists, Gastroenterology Consultants, Colorectal/Upper Surgical Consultants, a number of senior doctors and a large nursing and HCSW team.
You will need to be flexible to work a range of shifts, 0730 - 1830 hours, including Saturdays and take part in 24 hours on-call service when competent.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st or 2nd level registration
- Diploma/degree in nursing
- NMC Registration
- Mentor preparation course or equivalent
- Band 5 leadership course
- Previous experience in acute hospital environment
Technical Skills CompetenciesEssential
- Experience of running endoscopy treatment rooms for both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Basic life Support
- Assessed as competent or willing to undertake oral drug and IV drug administration training
- Experience in complying with nursing, infection control and risk management police
- CVC Cannulation
- ECG recording
- Consent training
- Awareness of accountability
- Ability to demonstrate fundamental nursing knowledge and practice skills
- Knowledge of Confidentiality,
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Previous gastroenterology experience
- Effective communication using a variety of methods.
- Time management skills
- Patient education and health promotion
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative.
- Accountable for own professional actions
Other requirements specific to the roleEssential
- Computer skills - EPR or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Adaptive to unpredictable workloads
- Willing to participate in internal rotation
- Flexible approach to the needs of the service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be able to speak English as necessary to undertake the role
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.