Do you want to develop your skills and career in psychology for the future?
Do you want a varied role, spanning several care pathways, with a wealth of opportunities? Early intervention, Intensive community support, and support and stability pathways.
Providing treatment in CBT-E, CBT-T, MANTRA, CAT, CFT, family therapy and DBT working both in 1 to 1 and group formats. Both face to face and virtual working with our patients to provide the best care possible.
Do you want to be supported with expert clinical supervision, have access to training opportunities and support to develop your career? Opportunities for varied case load, working with clients with comorbidities anxiety, depression, personality disorder and autism.
Do you want to work for an organisation that prioritises staff wellbeing and compassionate leadership, including promoting flexible/hybrid working?If so, we would love to receive your application!
The Adult Eating Disorder service (AEDS) is a well-established, county-wide specialist community outpatient service. It is part of the Adult and Specialist directorate within CPFT. The Community team offers assessment and treatment to people in three locality-based clinics in Cambridge, Huntingdon and Peterborough.Main duties of the job
As a key member of our Team, you will play a vital role in developing services.
For this post and you will be required to work collaboratively and independently within our service.
The successful candidate will be keen to develop their own formulation skills and clinical practice and contribute to clinically-relevant research and service development.
Developing and improving clinical care form the key elements of this post. You will be required to work with a range of professionals to provide specialist assessment, psychological formulation and deliver evidence-based treatments to patients and their families. These include, CBT-ED, MANTRA, SSCM, Cognitive Analytic Therapy and family-based interventions which may be delivered in individual or group settings.
You may be required to offer supervision to trainees and assistant psychologists and offer advice, consultation, teaching and supervision to the multi-disciplinary team.
In return we are offering you the chance to advance your own practice with specialist clinical supervision (both individual and in group), regular appraisal and active support to further your career. Study leave is encouraged and further training for relevant therapy course is possible. You would be linked into a relevant Trust-wide professional network.
Experience of working with people with eating disorders is desirable but not essential. However, experience of working with people with complex presentations is highly desirable.About us
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health and social care organisation dedicated to providing high-quality care with compassion to improve the health and wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting andempowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services, not only via inpatient and primary care settings, but also within the community. These services include children's, adult and older people's mental health, forensic and specialist mental health, learning disabilities, primary care and liaison psychiatry, substance misuse, social care, research and development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high-calibre candidates who share our vision and values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people and members of ourethnic minority andLGBTQ+ communities.
For further information on CPFT, please visit our website at www.cpft.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- To use evidence-based psychological interventions (e.g., CBT-E, MANTRA) and approaches for clients with eating disorders. This will consider risk management, early intervention and relapse prevention.
- To provide advice, psycho-educational information and family work to relatives and carers, as appropriate.
- To participate in and facilitate therapy groups when appropriate.
- To liaise closely with eating disorder inpatient units, attending review meetings for own locality patients and participating in discharge planning and psychological follow-up.
- To liaise with child and adolescent eating disorder services to ensure a smooth and coordinated transition of patients into the Adult Eating Disorder Service.
- To ensure that the clients rights and welfare are upheld and that the needs of those with Eating Disorders are being responded to sensitively with regard to age, culture, race, gender, ethnicity, social class and disability.
- o(Psychologist) Professional qualifications (e.g. Doctorate In Clinical / Counselling Psychology).
- oExperience of, and training in evidence-based psychological interventions (e.g. CBT / MANTRA, SSCM, Family based Therapies).
- oHPC registered Clinical Psychologist or Counselling Psychologist or Other Recognised Mental Health Professional Qualification. (i.e. Registered Mental Nurse Social Worker or Occupational Therapist) and Post registration clinical qualifications and accreditation in a recognised psychological therapy relevant to the treatment of eating disorders e.g. BABCP, BACP, ACAT or UKCP
- oPost qualification training/development in a psychological therapy (e.g. CBT / MANTRA, SSCM, Family Therapy).
- oEvidence of post qualification development
- oProven experience of good multi-agency working relationships
- oExperience of working with a psychological model
- oExperience of managing own workload to meet objectives.
- oEvidence of supervision training and experience.
- oKnowledge and experience of working with clients with eating disorders.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- oExperience of working with the families of people with eating disorders
- oExperience of working within the CPA framework / Care co-ordination of complex cases
- oExperience of service development.
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- oExperience of specialist psychological assessment, formulation and treatment of service users across a range of care settings, including outpatient, community and primary care setting
- oExperience of conducting effective risk management assessments.
- oGood interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good inter-team/interagency working relationships.
- oDemonstrate ability to be approachable, flexible and reliable.
- oCommitted to personal and team development
- oKnowledge of NICE Guidance in the treatment of eating disorders
- oKnowledge of working with clients with eating disorders.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oDemonstrate an understanding and acceptance and commitment to the principles underlying equal opportunities.
- Ability to travel between different locations
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
S3 Addenbrookes Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.