Working in a passionate team, you will have access to our Trust-wide Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to attend courses, conferences, and forums to help you build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and ensuring that you excel.
The role of the Clinical Lead requires well developed clinical knowledge and leadership skills, to support the team in developing the clinical aspects of patient care in delivering clinical best practice and excellence. You will be clinically responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of effective, evidence based, patient focused nursing care making a meaningful contribution You will be an enthusiastic and experienced registered mental health nurse with a mentorship qualification. With a passion for caring for patients with complex needs, you will have excellent communication and people skills, a warm personality, and the resilience to help us transform our patients' lives.
You will have a good understanding of acute mental health treatment and legislation and be an inspirational leader, sensitive to the needs of colleagues and empowering them to be their best by creating a culture of continuous professional improvement. Calm, confident and assertive in emotionally demanding situations, you will be astute at setting and maintaining professional boundaries.Main duties of the job
On a day to day basis you will work collaboratively with our teams within the hospital and our external partnerships i.e. AMHP's and police, and receive continued support by the ward manager, hospital nurse consultant and modern matron. We'd love to welcome you into our friendly and enthusiastic team, where you will play a vital role in helping us achieve our ambitions to become a 'Centre of Excellence'.About us
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell.
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities, and armed forces community to support equality.
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption, and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The must haves for this role:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Management/Leadership qualification/training.
- A minimum of 1 year post registration experience with mental health settings and experience of working Health Base Place of Safety.
- Evidence of recent practice developments and innovations in current role.
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Ivy Omari, Inpatient Operations Lead on 01189605238 or email:email@example.com, wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Desirable Previous ExperienceEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- At least 1 years post registration experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and portfolio of evidence available
- IT literate
- Experience working in Health Based Place of Safety
- Experience working within acute mental health environments
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Clinical Governance
- Policy development and review
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the Policing and Crime Bill (2017) and its implication on the Mental Health Act and use of the Place of Safety
- An understanding of the Interagency Policy used across the Thames Valley for those detained under Section 136 MHA
- Ability to communication clearly both orally and in writing
- Mental Health legislation, which includes the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and DOLs Excellent risk
- Excellent risk assessment, care planning and documentation skills
- Effective Team-working and the ability to play an effective part in a wider MDT
- Ability to take on and complete tasks designated by Senior Nurse or Duty Senior Nurse
- Able to work effectively with colleagues
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Experience of the supervision, development, appraisal and capability management of junior staff
- Report writing and presentations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable
- Understand the limits of your abilities
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Place of Safety
Prospect Park Hospital, Honey End Lane, Tilehurst
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.