Early Career Pharmacists Band 6 / Band 7 Development posts
We have the opportunity for motivated pharmacists to join our clinical team. Following investment in our pharmacy service and upcoming implementation of our EPR and EPMA system, this is a fantastic time to join our expanding team.
- As a department we are committed to supporting personal development including the opportunity to complete a funded Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy including non-medical prescribing where appropriate
- Working as a pharmacist within a supportive team, you will follow a structured rotation covering a variety of clinical areas across Medicine, Surgery and Women's & Children's Divisions
- Your development programme will include rotations within the department such as Medicines Information, Homecare, and Aseptic services
- You will be an integrated member of the pharmacy team providing a dedicated, safe, and effective, patient centred clinical service across the trust, providing high quality pharmaceutical care to all our patients
- During your progression in this training role, further specialist rotations in Critical Care, Frailty, Paediatrics, Palliative Care, Medicines Optimisation and Medicines Safety will be available
You will be eligible for automatic progression from Band 6 to Band 7 after demonstrating that you have met all our criteria through post registration experience, post graduate studies, and meeting the key values and responsibilities of the role.Main duties of the job
To deliver a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to designated service areas in the locality of the trust, Provision of specialist information and advice to all members of the multidisciplinary team, to maximise patient pharmaceutical care.
As a clinical pharmacist working in various specialities, you will have an integral role in providing high-quality specialist pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients across Cheshire. You will contribute to the training and development of less experienced team members, as well as medical and nursing colleagues. You will have the opportunity to contribute to service development and quality and safety, through ward rounds, audits and education.
Your professionalism, excellent inter-personal skills and enthusiasm, will equip you to be a valued contributor to our service and to develop to be a key member of our clinical pharmacy team. You will be supported to develop your independent prescribing role.
There is an on-call requirement for evenings, weekends and Bank Holiday work, (remunerated per session) as per rota. Participation is required in a extended hours (evening) and weekend rota.About us This is a great time to join the Pharmacy department at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT). The department has completed a full departmental refurbishment and installation of a new automated dispensing system. We have recently implemented a new dispensing system, electronic ward cabinets and controlled drug cabinet, and are finalising planning for our Electronic Prescribing implementation. MCHFT provides good quality, safe and effective healthcare to the people of Cheshire and beyond. The Trust, which manages Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Victoria Infirmary in Northwich, and Elmhurst Intermediate Care Centre in Winsford, was established as an NHS Trust in April 1991 and became a Foundation Trust in April 2008. We employ almost 5,000 members of staff, provide around 540 hospital beds, with a range of services including accident and emergency, maternity, outpatients, therapies, and children's health. The Trust is also part of Central Cheshire Integrated Care Partnership (CCICP), a unique local health partnership that provides a range of community services for people across South Cheshire and Vale Royal. The results in the 2020 national NHS Staff Survey showed improvements in all elements of the safety culture theme, with 92% of respondents feeling their role made a difference to our patients. At Mid Cheshire, we value our staff and appreciate that in order to give our patients the best quality, compassionate care, we also need to look after our colleagues. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Vocational Masters degree in Pharmacy and Registration with GPhC
- Non-Medical Prescribing Qualification
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy
- 1 year pre-registration training in any sector of pharmacy
- 6-12 months NHS hospital pharmacy experience
- Over 12 months NHS hospital pharmacy experience
- Evidence of ability to work within a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of good communication skills
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.