We are looking to recruit an innovative, enthusiastic and experienced Occupational Therapist with clinical experience of working in specialist inpatient or community learning disability and/or Autism services.
This is an exciting new post which will be split between our Community DBT(Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) team at Windmill Point, Coventry, and and our Inpatient Female Low Secure service at Brooklands Hospital.
There are very few services running community DBT for people with a Learning Disability, so this is an excellent opportunity to get involved in this relatively new service and to continue to evidence base this approach for our client group who experience the very challenging problems associated with the condition of EUPD (Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder). All training required for you to undertake this role will be delivered by experts in the field of DBT (British Isles DBT training) and you will receive continued and ongoing training and support from the DBT team to excel in this role.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be required to manage a designated caseload within our Female Low Secure service assessing need and planning and implementing appropriate interventions to reduce risk and to promote opportunities to develop and build skills. As part of the role, there will be the expectation to support the wider Occupational Therapy team with developing the service and providing supervision and support as required to more junior colleagues.
Within the DBT team, the successful candidate would be required to co-facilitate a skills learning group, offer individual therapy sessions and attend Consult meetings. The role will also include the training and support of carers/support workers. All training required for this role will be delivered by experts in the field of DBT (British Isles DBT training) and there will be continued and ongoing training and support from the wider DBT team.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support group
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information regarding this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description & Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Relevant masters level degree (or equivalent KTE gained through experience)
- Registered Occupational Therapist with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Documented evidence of CPD in the specialist clinical area.
- Post Graduate training related to the specialist clinical area.
- Extensive post registration experience
- Significant experience working with people with autism and/or learning disabilities at a senior level
- Experience of managing and/or supervising junior staff / students
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to and access a variety of different environments covering long distances and transport equipment
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.