Working Full or Part time
We are looking for a Mammographer to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide the highest professional standards of technical ability, quality assurance and patient/client care in the field of mammography for both symptomatic and breast screening clients.
The Breast Imaging Unit consists of three GE Pristina Mammography machines which perform 2D and 3D imaging as well as x-ray guided biopsies and Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography (CESM). There are also three Logic 19 ultrasound rooms.Main duties of the job
Works as part of a team of Senior Radiographers, Assistant/Associate Mammographers and Support staff. Undertakes all aspects of mammography examinations as part of the breast screening and symptomatic service.About us
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services to West Cheshire and to Welsh patients covered by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. The Trust works collaboratively within the wider Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership. Its services are provided from three locations:
- The Countess of Chester Hospital: providing 438 general and acute beds
- Ellesmere Port Hospital: providing 56 beds as a rehabilitation, intermediate and outpatient facility
- Tarporley War Memorial Hospital: a base for community services which serve the local rural population.
The Trust employs over 6258 staff (headcount) which includes temporary bank staff and provides acute emergency and elective services, primary care direct access services and obstetric services to a population of approximately 407,000. This includes 357,000 residents in Chester and West Cheshire which includes Ellesmere Port and Neston as well as the Deeside area of Flintshire which has a population of approximately 50,000.
The Trust is a busy district general hospital and in 2022/2023, there were more than 503,342 patient attendances (inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic) ranging from a simple outpatient appointment to major cancer surgery. This is an increase of nearly 10,000 compared to the previous year when there were 494,387 patient attendances.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. The cost of the DBS application is �23 (standard) or �43 (enhanced), this cost will be deducted from your salary over the first three months of employment.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
Good luck with your application.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Post graduate Certificate in Mammography
- HCPC registered
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Recognised Management Qualification
- Extended practice qualification
- Awareness and demonstrable compliance with UK PHE (now UKHSA) guidance on best practice on leading a breast screening service
- 3+ years post-graduate experience in Mammography
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- 3+ years Leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading change management
- An up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging Mammographic techniques and relevant topics
- A good understanding of clinical governance and risk management
- Good, working knowledge of NHSBSP and QA programme
- Pro-active approach to team building and departmental leadership
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive approach to learning and sharing information, skills and ideas
- High professional standards
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise
- Concise and accurate record keeping
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Recognised teaching, coaching and mentoring qualifications
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of dealing with stressful and emotionally charged situations
- Experience of dealing with stressful situations
- Be of smart appearance, have a good speaking voice and be polite in dealings with others
- Capability to perform the duties of the post with any aids and adaptations
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Countess of Chester Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.