We have an exciting and rare 12-month secondment opportunity for a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist and a Nurse to join the South East Staffordshire Community Rehabilitation team.
- A Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Nurse with experience of working with people with a diagnosis of stroke
- Interested in developing pathways to improve Stroke Services
- Looking for change and an opportunity to be involved in an exciting project
South East Staffordshire have been successful in securing funding from SQuIRe for a 12-month project.Main duties of the job
In the first 6 months the aim of the project is to:
- Map current pathways and demand and capacity establishing gaps in service provision across the patient journey
- Define a new integrated pathway for patients that has been co-produced with our partners in secondary, primary, community care settings, the voluntary sector, and people with lived experience
In the second 6 months, based on findings from the initial stage of the project, the aim is to:
- Provide a specialist nursing review and therapy intervention
- Improve timeliness of intervention in collaboration with Acute and Community providers
- Complete 6-month reviews on all patients involved in the project
- Evaluate the project and present a case for continued funding
Strong clinical experience and a multidisciplinary approach is vital to drive the project and deliver the pathway. There will be opportunity to present the project outcome at conference.
A car driver is essential for this post due to the nature of our work.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Job Purpose/Main Duties/Responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualifiications & TrainingEssential
- To work with the Stroke Coordinator to identify and co-ordinate the Stroke Care Pathway for all adult stroke patients, networking and working with relevant services including the Acute Trust, ICB, Social Services, the independent sector and patients / carers.
- Work with the team on the co-ordination of all Stroke referrals made to the Community Rehabilitation Team.
- To work with the Stroke coordinator to manage and negotiate clinical priorities across the Stroke pathway maximisingflow and reducing system bottlenecks and delays
- To contribute to development of the stroke rehabilitation service in line including research, innovation, service design and improvement providing assurance of efficiency and effectiveness in line with national standards.
- To liaise effectively with key front-line practitioners and across the Acute Trust, Rehabilitation and Community Teams, District Nursing, GPs, Social Services and the independent sector.
- To ensure patients receive appropriate review after discharge.
- To support developing stroke aftercare and review in a community setting for stroke survivors, family members and/orcarer.
- Supporting and working alongside voluntary organisations i.e. Stroke Association / Headway etc. This will focuson models of best practice.
- To ensure secondary prevention and support for stroke patients in the community following their initial episode of care.
- To keep abreast of evidence based practice and most recent research publications in order to ensure the highest clinicalstandards and up to date practice.
- To provide effective leadership to support and inspire colleagues to improve standards of care and promote continuousimprovement in the management of stroke.
- To ensure effective outcomes of person cantered care followed up with monitoring and evaluation.
- To ensure the views of patients and carers are taken into care provision through effective involvement at an early stageand adopting a care co-ordination approach
- Dealing with highly contentious issues regarding decision making for referrals and dealing with highly sensitive issuesaround expectations of the service, especially where there are significant barriers to understanding.
- To maintain and build effective working relationships and networks within strategic and operational models of working, i.e. Integrated stroke delivery networks (ISDNs)
- BSc in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy or Nursing
- Professional registration (HCPC or NMC)
- Relevant post graduate training within the speciality of rehabilitation e.g. Stroke
- Evidence of CPD in a portfolio - relevant to clinical field.
- Willingness to undertake appropriate further study.
- Bobath course
- General experience across a wide range of Physiotherapy care groups including neurology, orthopaedics, musculoskeletal and elderly care.
- Experience of working with a wide range of neuroscience patients
- Post qualification experience in the NHS
- Experience of working on own initiative.
- Understanding of community-based working and systems
- Experiencing of mentoring/supervising and training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- working within the Community
- Group work
- working with Older Adults
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
South East Rehab Team Samuel Johnson Hospital
Trent Valley Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.