We are now recruiting for the move into our brand-new, purpose-built hospital within the site at Royal Sussex County Hospital! The new 'Louisa Martindale' building will provide spacious, well-resourced and modern facilities for patients and staff across all 40 wards and departments. The building includes a new 'Welcome space', running the entire length of the building. This will provide ample space for everyone and includes a high-quality retail outlet. Take a look at the virtual tours on our Trust intranet page to see for yourself!
Introducing The Louisa Martindale Building - University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust
As part of this development, we have the opportunity to expand our radiography team, recruiting into these brand-new roles.
This is an exciting new post created with collaboration between the Imaging department and Urology. The Sonographer will be part of a multi disciplinary team delivering care within both the Urgent Cancer Urology setting and within the imaging department.
Working in a purpose built Urology centre (Based at Princess Royal Hospital)as well as spending time in a brand new Ultrasound department, this post combines existing skills learnt in Ultrasound with learning new skills to deliver a unique patient centred care approach to diagnosis and management of urology Cancers.
This is a development post learning the additional clinical skills once in post. Audit, research, education and leadership will be expected from the offsetMain duties of the job
This full time post will consist of 2 days working in the Non Obstetric Ultrasound department and 2 days working within Urology Out patients. It is expected that the post holder will undertake diagnostic cystoscopy, manage their own case loads and undertake urgent Ultrasound scans. Training in cystoscopy and assessing patients will be provided with the post holder expected to undertake Masters level qualification in patient assessment.
One day a week will be dedicated to research, audit, education and leadership including teaching within the Radiology Academy and training of Sonographers within imaging.About us
Join us atUHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops AtUHSussexwe're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of theUK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that haveembodied the NHS for over 70 years.
Improving lives:We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put ourPatientFirst. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role atUHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives ofpatients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above andbeyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in ourwellbeing programmefor staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look afterothers we must first look after ourselves.
Build a career with us:As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment youstart with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosingUHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To support the Imaging and Radiology Team leads in driving forward the Ultrasound and Urology service
- To be an autonomous practitioner and work within defined protocols and guidelines, exercising independent judgement and autonomous decision making within a given speciality, to include diagnostic ultrasound examinations, flexible cystoscopy, obtaining clinical history and referring for further diagnostic tests as required.
- To work beyond the sphere of the sonographer, undertaking advanced practice to support and improve the access to cancer services
- To attend MDT meetings and input as part of the patient review and pathway at this level of practice.
- To provide expert clinical and technical advice to other sonographers, trainees, SpRs, student radiographers and other health professionals
- Use highly developed skills and knowledge to conduct a wide range of ultrasound procedures and flexible cystoscopy in the outpatient setting, both as an autonomous practitioner and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in a manner that meets professional, departmental and legal standards and requirements.
- Ensure patient safety is maintained and patient experience is positive
- To lead, educate and participate in research including audit, original research, QA programmes and service evaluation.
- HCPC/NMC registration
- CASE accredited Ultrasound Qualification
- Minimum 3 Years PG experience
- Educated to Level 7 (Masters Level)
- Current NHS experience
- Teaching experience of all grades of staff
- Knowledge of constitutional standards
- Experience of specialised technique ie MSK, TRUS, CEUS
- Demonstrates a current knowledge and interest in Urology
- Lecturing experience
- Conference presentation or publications
- Knowledge of National policy and pertinent clinical guidance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced Practice Pillars and demonstrable experience
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
Royal Sussex County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.