Senior Medicines Information Pharmacist
Are you a confident & decisive pharmacist with extensive knowledge of psychotropic medicines and excellent written and oral communication skills?
If so then this is an opportunity for you to join our highly-respected National Centre for Psychotropic Medicines Information Service at the Maudsley Hospital. About the location:
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.Main duties of the job
Our pharmacy department has a worldwide reputation for research, having published over 300 peer-reviewed clinical papers in the last 25 years. There are numerous opportunities to become involved in research for the successful applicant. The department also hosts the National Medicines Information Centre of Psychotropic Drugs and publishes the Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry.
The South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
The pharmacy department provides a clinical and dispensing service to wards and community teams in Croydon, Southwark and Lambeth across four hospital sites and a wide variety of community mental health teams. We also provide information about medication to both staff and patients to improve understanding and contribute to evidence based care.About usBenefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Providing a comprehensive expert psychotropic medicines information service to health-care professionals and patients
- Providing specialist training for consultant level health-care professionals
- Providing a clinical pharmacy service to a designated ward or group of patients.
- MPharm or equivalent
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), with mandatory CPD
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Member of the College of Mental Health Pharmacists (CMHP)
- Post graduate certificate in Clinical or Psychiatric Pharmacy
- National MI training course
- Independent Pharmacy Prescriber
- Previous experience in psychiatric pharmacy
- MI training and experience
- Demonstrates advanced specialist clinical knowledge
- Aware of legal and ethical issues affecting MI
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates good information retrieval skills
- Able to summarise evaluated information to provide highly specialist advice or professional opinion
- Evidence of good writing skills
- Advanced internet searching skills
- Word and Excel computer skills
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AZ
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.