Are you kind and caring individual, passionate about delivering high quality patient care?
Our small and supportive multi-disciplinary Baywide Social Care team are looking for two Band 6 qualified Social workers to join us a full time and part time permanent contract. With further training and experience, there will be opportunities for you to apply for more senior positions at bands 7 and above.
As a Social Worker, you will make a positive difference to individuals and families by helping them live their lives more successfully. You will be working in partnership with service users, their carers and families to develop and provide social care assessment, intervention and discharge planning for individuals of working age in our Torbay and South Devon locality.
To do this, you will undertake holistic social care assessments, in partnership with service users, families and carers, prepare care plans and commission services to ensure the most beneficial and cost-effective care packages are established, delivered and reviewed, whilst complying with all statutory requirements within our policies and guidelines.Main duties of the job
- Liaising with service users and external stakeholders in a face-to-face capacity as well as by telephone and e-mail to support informed decision making.
- To be a core member of a multi-disciplinary Baywide Social Care Team and contribute to the effective assessment and care planning with adults in Torbay. This can include moving into other Baywide teams to support with urgent response duty work. As such you would be expected to move between teams as required.
- Work alongside the social work and community teams providing evidence-based interventions, assessment and support planning consistent with Human Rights legislation and be compliant with and practice utilising social care legislation including Care Act 2014 and Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Plan and organise your caseload effectively
- Prepare cost effective care plans and packages and work out provisions accurately
- Work alongside service users who experience serious mental illness and support enabling social care provisions. You will have specific responsibilities in the context of Safeguarding Adults from abuse or neglect and operating in a manner consistent with Human Rights legislation. This includes initial information gathering within the Safeguarding Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to assist in establishing statutory duties in response to adult abuse concerns raised.
At Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, we are a motivated and caring team that enjoys mentoring and coaching team members and students to become the best versions of themselves and will support you during your career with us.
You will commence employment with a starting salary of �35,392 Per Annum (pro rata), progressing in line with the NHS Agenda for Change Band 6 framework.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay! To have a healthy work life balance, we offer flexible working in line with service requirements. So, why choose us?Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesAs a Social Worker, you could:
Our Baywide social care Service is made up of three Adult Social Care Community teams:
- offer information and counselling to clients and put together support plans
- help clients develop and maintain independent living skills
- support clients' safety and act to protect them when necessary
- work closely with communities, health professionals and other agencies
- meet with individuals and families to review their situation
- keep records, write reports and discuss cases with your supervisors
- Front End
- Complex Care
- Specialist Services
These teams provide specialist social care interventions and work in an integrated way with health colleagues to ensure the delivery of high-quality care services for people living in Torbay.
Visit our TSDFT Candidate brief - Social Worker to discover why you should come join us, or download the attached job description to read about this role in full. Please showcase your suitability for this role within your supporting information, referring to our job description and person specification. Want to get in touch?
Call Recruiting Manager Samantha French for an information chat on 01803 219700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Relevant professional Social Work qualification - Degree/Diploma Work, Certificate of Qualification in Social Work, Certificate in Social Services
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Post Qualifying consolidation and commitment to post qualification training
- Knowledge/skills of safeguarding adult processes, Care Act & Mental Capacity Act
- Ability to present as an excellent role model for good practice within the multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to provide formal supervision and provide information and advice around hospital discharge planning to include funding under covid, and also commissioned services in social care
- Knowledge of Managing Expectations
- Ability to take a lead role in jointly-worked complex cases and to think laterally whilst maximising quality outcomes from resources
- Ability to work on own initiative while making positive use of supervision and training
- Ability to use IT-based Care management systems
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the statutory requirements of the post
- oAbility to manage time effectively in assessing, planning, monitoring and reviewing service user's needs and services
- Good reporting and recording skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a broad range of people
- Commitment to the concepts of a needs-led service, quality standards and service user choice within the context
- Anti-discriminatory practice
- Ability to work within corporate policy and an awareness of Equal Opportunities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Health and Safety in the workplace legislation
- Ability to undertake risk assessments within all aspects of day to day work
- Ability to act as a consultant on practice-based issues for other health and social care practitioners
- Knowledge of Continuing Care/ Registered Nursing Care Contribution
- Knowledge of Direct Payments and Independent Living Fund
- Knowledge of Intermediate Care
- Knowledge of end of life care
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Baywide Social Care Team
Torquay and Paignton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.