Are you interested in joining an innovative, high profile and large dietetic team in an acute setting?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Dietitian to join our Band 5 Rotation at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. STH is one of the largest Trusts in the country. The dietetic team consists of around 60 Dietitians, plus dietetic assistants and admin staff across 3 hospital sites and Sheffield community.
Applicants will possess BSc Nutrition and Dietetics (or equivalent) and must be HCPC registered. Excellent communication skills and effective team working skills are essential.
CPD is actively encouraged, with opportunities to attend accredited post registration courses and in-house training.
This rotational post offers a chance to gain experience in a variety of clinical areas and specialisms. You will have the opportunity to work with both in and outpatients and be actively involved in dietetic student training.
We welcome applications from student Dietitians in the final year of their studies.Main duties of the job
- JOB PURPOSE
- To be responsible for the provision of high quality dietetic service to a clinical caseload in a designated area, using skills and knowledge as an independent practitioner.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of evidence based clinical and teaching practice.
- To work with their supervisor and Dietetic team leader in assisting in the operational management of the department.
- To assist the dietetic management team to ensure the overall service provides high quality patient care, and in the management of clinical governance, resources and equipment.
- To actively participate in development, education and delivery of training to dietetic students
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Nutrition and Dietetics or relevant degree with Post Grad Diploma in Dietetics
- Current HCPC registration
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Suitable for a newly qualified dietitian
- Evidence of independent working
- Good level of knowledge of nutritional needs and nutritional assessment of hospital in and out patients
- Competent in calculating nutritional requirements
- Competent to develop and monitor nutrition care plans in hospital including enteral feeding regimens
- Competent in setting up enteral tube feeds and dealing with minor complications
- Committed to engage in professional and personal development and department appraisal system and willing to undergo further training as necessary
- Able to demonstrate basic counselling and motivational skills
- Able to manage a caseload with frequently changing priorities, and deal with interruptions seeking guidance from supervisor as appropriate
- Good interpersonal, communication and team working skills
- Ability to work as an integral member of MDT and as an autonomous practitioner
- Able to state the case for nutritional intervention as part of the care plan
- Understand and accept the need to maintain confidentiality
- Able to document and record accurately in line with national standards
- Able to record activity and other data manually and electronically
- Familiar with and able to operate all necessary IT packages e.g. email, word, dietary analysis, power point
- Able to develop educational resources to meet the varying needs of clients and carers which are evidence based
- Awareness of clinical governance and its implications for dietetics including importance of audit projects
- Able to use literature review search methods and can critically appraise evidence
- Aware of regulatory bodies and professional bodies codes of practice and professional guidelines
- Able to cope with infrequent exposure to bodily fluids, unpleasant smells, ability to follow procedures for infection control and own safety
- Able to deal with conflict, aggression (infrequently)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to use database e.g. excel
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Weston Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.