The WTWA HR & OD team are recruiting to a HR Advisor (Band 5) role. Working within our friendly team, the postholder will undertake Employee Relations work (Sickness Absence / Disciplinary / Grievance etc) alongside elements of our engagement, comms and well-being agenda, to ensure a varied role with opportunities to broaden experience.
The ability to adapt, build relationships and quickly gain the confidence of managers, clinicians and staff across the service will be key. You must be able to demonstrate HR operational experience of dealing with HR issues across all aspects of employment relations practice. As an effective team member you will also be used to working with others to achieve results, and have the ability to prioritise conflicting demands.Main duties of the job
Essential Criteria for this role -
Good standard of general education to GCSE or equivalent.Degree level qualification or equivalent.
An understanding of the national NHS agenda and the Human Resourcecontribution.A knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and employment issues.An understanding of the principles of change management and contribution of the HR function to transformational change.
Effective interpersonal skills.Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.Developed negotiation and influencing skills.Organised with the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and delegate asappropriate.Good attention to detailAbout us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualifications / AcademicEssential
- Good standard of general education to GCSE or equivalent
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Working towards CIPD qualification (Postgraduate Diploma in HRM) or equivalent relevant professional qualification
- An understanding of the national NHS agenda and the Human Resource contribution (5). A knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and employment issues (3). An understanding of the principles of change management and contribution of the HR function to transformational change
- Knowledge of Medical Staffing employment issues
- Knowledge of all NHS employment terms and conditions
- Demonstrate through CPD, employment law updates and various other training courses an up to date knowledge of HR/Personnel practices & Change Management
- Has gained HR operational experience of dealing with HR issues across all aspects of employment relations practice including disciplinaries, grievances, harassment complaints, sickness absence and performance capability
- Developing and maintaining positive partnerships with trade union representatives and senior managers
- Agenda for Change Job Evaluation training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Organised with the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and delegate as appropriate
- Good attention to detail
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.