An opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Paediatric Physiotherapist to join our Paediatric Therapy Team working across Arrowe Park Hospital, Clatterbridge Hospital and Community settings.
The post holder will have the opportunity to gain experience working within our School's team working within a variety of settings including Mainstream Schools, Special Schools and other community settings.
You will work Children and young people with a wide range of conditions and have the opportunity to work in Paediatric MSK clinics and Hydrotherapy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Physiotherapist with 2 years post graduate experience in a range of core specialities including MSK, respiratory and Neurology as well as having experience within Paediatrics.
You should have excellent communication skills, be able to demonstrate a high level of clinical reasoning skills and be able to case manage patients with complex needs. Experience supporting students and junior staff is essential
You will have professional support for your CPD from the Paediatric Team Leader and Physiotherapy Clinical Lead Therapists and to provide leadership and clinical support within the team and to students.Main duties of the job
- Assesses and treats own caseload of paediatric patients and maintains associated records.- To have a responsibility for Training & Development of physio staff, students and other staff groups in this speciality. Supervise less experienced physiotherapists, assistants and students.- Participates as a member of the therapy team and the MDT within a specified clinical area- Has a responsibility re own CPD and other developmental activities.- Involvement in identifying and carrying out departmental audit, research or service development activity n line with local and national guidelines.- Participates in weekend, evening and Bank Holiday on-call for acute respiratory patients.- Participates in providing 7 day services and extended working day, as required by the service.About us
All new colleagues can expect to receive a warm and friendly Wirral welcome from the very first time they make contact with us. We are described as competent and caring staff by our patients.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated on The Wirral peninsula which has a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside surroundings, with great activities for its residents.
We are one of the largest and busiest acute Trusts in the North West of England, comprising of the Wirral's only Emergency Department. We provide a high quality range of acute care services and employ over 6,000 staff, who serve a population of approximately 400,000 people across Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Neston, North Wales and the wider North West footprint.
We have approximately 855 beds trust-wide and our financial turnover is in excess of �337m.
The Wirral is easily accessible with excellent transport links including motorway, train, bus or ferry and within easy reach to the major cities of Liverpool, Chester and Manchester as well as neighbouring North Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job overview & attached Job description for further information about the Senior Physiotherapist position available with WUTH.Person SpecificationQualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- Graduate Diploma or BSc Physiotherapy or equivalent qualification recognised by HCPC
- HCPC registration
- Appropriate experience as a qualified physiotherapist
- Previous care experience
- Core rotations in a range of areas: o Respiratory (including HDU/ICU) o Orthopaedics o Musculoskeletal Outpatients o Neurological Rehabilitation
Knowledge and SkillsEssential Personal AttributesEssential
- Member of Charted Society of Physiotherapy or similar
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to support others and needs of the service.
- Good organisational skills
Qualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- Ability to show initiative but understanding when to refer to trained staff.
- Ability to organise own workload and administrational procedures
- Experience working as part of multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work as an autonomous clinician, managing own caseload, time, using clinical reasoning and analytical skills to perform appropriate assessment, identify problems/ diagnoses
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Active collection of relevant CPD in portfolio
- High level of clinical reasoning with excellent theoretical knowledge underpinning practice
- Demonstrate a good awareness of needs of patient and appropriate action to take
- Demonstrate awareness of the roles of others in providing patient care and ability to work as an effective team member
- Well developed theoretical knowledge underpinning physiotherapy practice
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and clinical reasoning skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience in hospital computer system
- Ability to communicate within difficult circumstances and demonstrate empathetic approach to patients.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), analytical, problem solving skills and clinical reasoning
- Understanding of national issues and relating them to own clinical practice
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.