BAND 7 - IAPT High Intensity CBT/LTC Therapist - Permanent role
Newham Talking Therapies - Who are we?
We are large, dynamic, experienced primary care (IAPT) talking therapies service with a rich history of being innovators of best practice. Newham is a wonderfully diverse borough that offers practitioners so much wealth in terms of learning from our residents and our clinically exceptional staff. If you are looking to widen your therapy experience, gain expertise or to have opportunities to progress clinically or within management areas, NTT could be the place for you!Main duties of the job
Have you just qualified as a CBT therapist and would like to consolidate your training working with LTC clients? We are looking to recruit a passionate CBT therapist with a special interest in LTC.
You would work as a clinical specialist working with residents who present with LTC such as long covid, diabetes, MUS, and pain.
Your passion and expertise would help improve our outcomes for our clients by ensuring staff are up to date with best practice when working with LTC, provide training's to staff, provide workshops on long term conditions to the borough and external organisations.
You would also hold a small caseload of face-to-face clients and offer the majority of your clinical work via video and telephone. Currently our staff are attending our clinics one day a week for their late shift and then working the rest of the week at home, this would be continually reviewed in line with our clinical demands.
We welcome therapists who are looking to develop their expertise working with LTC and as part of this role we will offer the opportunity to begin LTC training within the first year of employment and CPD.
We fully welcome applications from those wishing to do part time or flexible hours. Our service runs Monday to Thursday (8am to 8pm), expect Friday (8am-5pm) and you could choose your hours to suit your personal life however we would ask you to still work a minimal of one evening week
We offer time for your wellbeing.About us
At Newham Talking Therapies we aim to ensure that we deliver the care and treatment that we would want for our loved ones. To meet this aim we are looking for practitioners who are passionate about delivering effective and responsive therapies. So who are we?
We are where IAPT begun! Newham Talking Therapies was the first NHS IAPT pilot site which from our service led to the national role of IAPT, one of the world's largest mental health projects. We are also one of the longest running and clinically effective IAPT services in the country.
We are part of East London NHS Foundation Trust which has been rated Outstanding for the second year by Care Quality Commission (CQC) and are committed to ensuring a healthy work life balance and a positive working environment.
There are many benefits to working at East London Foundation Trust such as...
- Competitive NHS pension
- Cycle to work and home technology schemes
- NHS discounts across a range of brands
- Interest free train ticket loan
- Wellbeing classes - yoga, pilates....
- Employee assistance programme to help manage difficult times within our own mental health
- Get involved in staff networks including LBTQ+, Women's, BAME networks...
- Reduced childcare
- And much more!
Find out more about us at https://newhamtalkingtherapies.nhs.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for details.
If you have any further questions, please contact Jayshree Pithia, LTC Team Lead & Senior CBT Therapist on 020 8536 2161 for an informal discussion.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- HCPC registered Counselling or Clinical Psychologist (eligible for BABCP accreditation) OR
- Psychological Therapist/High Intensity therapist (CBT) with a core mental health training e.g. nursing, social work, accredited and registered by BABCP, UKCP and HPC
- All applicants must be BABCP accredited or eligible to apply for accreditation within 6 months. CBT trainee therapists must complete their training with 3 months of our offer and a band 6 position would be offered initially.On confirmation of passing the relevant CBT training course a band 7 position would be offered. If the completion of the course does not occur within 3 months of the offer, we would close the contract.
- Relevant specialist trainings or qualifications in other High Intensity Therapies and accreditation with professional body
- Training or qualification in providing CBT in group formats.
- Training or qualification in providing LTC treatment.
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience in treating long term conditions.
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrate high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
Skills, Knowledge and CompetenciesEssential
- Experience in treating Post traumatic Stress Disorder
- Experience of delivering therapy in a group format
- Experience of delivering therapy through interpreters
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Understanding of issues surrounding clinical risk
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Demonstrates a knowledge of working with individuals with long term conditions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety disorders and depression and how these problems may present in Primary Care
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Completed clinical audits within a service
- Experience of using IAPT clinical systems, e.g., IAPTus
- Good record of Continuing Professional Development and willingness to continue this
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships
- Ability to use clinical supervision and case management positively and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality
- Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with service users, & in own personal and professional development and in supervision
- The ability and skills to act as an advocate for the new service, to engage and foster good professional relationships with all health professionals in promoting the good integration of this service with the wider health care system
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluent in languages other than English
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newham Talking Therapies
10 Vicarage Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.