Would you consider applying your experience of running an information and data function within a large NHS Acute hospital?
This is the perfect opportunity for you to join our Digital team at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust in delivering the information management requirements of the Trust's Digital, Data and Technology Strategy across all hospital sites.
As Interim Head of Information, you will be the leader for data workstream of the Electronic Patient Record (EPR) programme for the Trust working with the already established EPR programme team. In addition, you will manage the overall delivery of the information programme of work as defined within the Digital Data & Technology strategy and work with the Chief Digital Information Officer within specific timescales and allocated budgets.
The Trust is one of the largest District General Hospitals in the country with over 1000 beds across three sites. We run Maternity, A& E and the full range of clinical services. The Trust is part of the NHS Frontline Digitisation scheme and has a significant Electronic Patient Record programme underway.
You will have experience of running information systems and NHS clinical applications. You will be available to start as soon as possible and will help design the future Target Operating Model for digital as part of the EPR. A formal panel interview and a stakeholder panel with a candidate presentation will be held at Peterborough City Hospital on Friday, the 8th of December. Main duties of the job
As the Interim Head of Information, you will be responsible for delivering the information management requirements of the Trust's Digital, Data and Technology Strategy.
You will have leadership responsibility for a large team of 75 people.
You will lead for data workstream of the Electronic Patient Record (EPR) programme for the Trust. The scope includes enabling works on data quality, the Trust integration engine, data migration and archival. This will involve working closely with the Head of IT and EPR Programme team to ensure this area is well-understood and that risks and outcomes for patient and staff experience are identified.
You will have leadership responsibility for Information Services that provides robust reporting to all levels of the Trust. You must ensure timely data and information is provided that can inform strategic and operational decision making.
You will have leadership influence and be a key relationship holder and develop and manage the internal and external relationships.
If you like to find more about the role and organise an informal visit, we welcome you to contact PA - Karen Cole to Geraldine Wingfield Hill, Chief Digital and Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07874 886980, or Alec Dearden at email@example.com.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to youo 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) o NHS Pension Scheme:o Flexible working opportunities o Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays o Career development and training o Wellbeing support and activities o In-house physiotherapy Service o On-site canteens with subsidised meals o Subsidised staff parking (currently free).o Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification for more information regarding the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Masters level with a degree or equivalent experience and competencies or extensive relevant senior experience.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to master's level or equivalent.
- Graduate in Informatics or IM& T field
- Management qualification
- Alumni of the NHS Digital Academy or CHIME CIO
- Membership of the British Computer Society
- Substantial recent experience working in NHS Informatics/Performance management
- Substantial experience of systems development and Interfacing.
- Experience of designing and developing data collection processes.
- Substantial experience of leading this function within an Acute Hospital in the NH in the UK
- Experience with user centered design and or user experience (UX)
- Extensive knowledge of NHS reporting, data flows, Commissioning process, PBR, DH central returns etc and the vital importance of submitting accurate and timely information
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Business Intelligence tools. Including PowerBI, and SQL including SSMS, SSIS and SSRS
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cross site working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.