An opportunity has arisen to join the Workforce Planning & Information department as the operational manager for the team.We have ambitious plans through the use of IT to enhance our services and we are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated person, to join our dynamic team.You will join a growing supportive and motivated team and will be well placed to develop your skills and knowledge.Main duties of the job
This is a busy and rewarding role in which your work will change on a daily basis to meet the needs of the service. You will be responsible for leading, developing, coordinating and managing projects and work streams within the Workforce remit, and will ensure that desired benefits and outcomes are delivered.
You will have
- extensive management experience
- evidence of your advanced knowledge of Workforce systems.
- flexible, committed and friendly, you will enjoy helping others and will have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be able to meet deadlines effectively, whilst ensuring attention to detail and confidentiality with personal employee data is adhered to.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at email@example.com.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Masters level or (equivalent experience) in Workforce Systems related subject
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, EXPERIENCEEssential
- Project Management qualification, PRINCE2 or equivalent
- Strong NHS Electronic Staff Record (ESR) knowledge or similar HR oracle/SAP based system
- Good understanding of how NHS works including knowledge of clinical and non-clinical roles and terms of employment
- Experience of line management and leading teams
- Understanding of Registration Authority (RA) Framework
- Experience of leading service change and transformation
- Experience in automating routine tasks and implementing digital solutions
- Experience of managing high volume, deadline driven, customer focused transactional service
- Comprehensive knowledge of ESR and other workforce systems and their interfaces/end to end processes
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent IT and technical skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Works collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining team approach
- Ability to motivate and develop effective teams
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Parkway Business Centre
Parkway 1, Princess Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.