A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to be appointed as a Specialist Lead Research Nurse/Clinical TrialPractitioner for the Vaccines/ HIV portfolio of studies.
The Specialist Lead Research Nurse/Clinical Trial Practitioner is an experienced independent specialist practitioner working in partnership with senior research and clinical managers to lead the delivery and growth of clinical research within the Theme and across the wider R and D structure. The post holder will be responsible for providing clinical and/or professional leadership and line management to research staff within the Vaccine and HIV Portfolio.
The post holder will have joint responsibility for overseeing the management and delivery of research studies in partnership with key external and internal stakeholders to ensure that all studies are delivered to high research and clinical governance standards. The post holder's responsibilities include the day to day management of the research delivery teams providing support, education and professional development of junior research staff, ensuring that support is provided to the relevant consultants and their teams within the academic department. The Specialist Lead Research Nurse/Clinical Trial Practitioner will support the Associate Director of Nursing Research to promote and oversee the development of Research delivery staff within Research and Development.Main duties of the job
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to be appointed as Specialist Lead Research Nurse/Clinical TrialPractitioner
The post holder will work in partnership with the R& D Directors Associate Director of Nursing Research and Clinicians to lead the delivery and growth of Vaccine and HIV clinical research portfolio of studies, as well as supporting the wider R and D structure. The post holder will be responsible for providing clinical and/or and professional leadership and line management to research delivery staff.
The successful candidate will be an experienced clinical research nurse/ CTP/AHP and have excellent communication and inter personal skills. They should have experience of line managing staff and an excellent track record of leading teams and delivering objectives. They will have previously worked at a senior level and have the ability to adapt to a new role quickly.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills, knowledge and their career in a supportive and dynamic environment.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Responsibility for the co-ordination and line management of the research delivery teams within the Vaccine and HIV This will involve: appraisals, sickness absence, scheduling annual leave, disciplinary and grievance matters, recruitment and selection decisions, personal and career development and departmental workload allocation
- Leads the research delivery teams in order to promote and maintain excellence in clinical standards, acting as a point of reference in clinical and research dilemmas.
- Demonstrates autonomy as well as the ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary healthcare team in identifying and meeting the needs of the patient and his/her family during various stages of the healthcare continuum.
- Supports the research delivery teams in the co-ordination and monitoring of patient care within clinical trials as follows:
- Participates in identifying potential patients for trials.
- Evaluates eligibility of potential patients.
- Ensures all pre-study tests are undertaken and results obtained.
- Acts as patient advocate and assists in obtaining informed consent in the first instance and as the trial progresses/unfolds.
- Registers/randomises patients onto study protocols.
- Adheres to Trust and Directorate policies, procedures, standards and protocols
- Responsible for communicating and collaborating with external stakeholders within specialty area.
- Relevant first degree / Nursing qualification
- Master's degree or working towards
- Has completed and is competent with the requirements of ICH GCP
- Evidence of recent professional / management / leadership development
- Extensive teaching experience within research related roles.
- Completion of a recognised Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AGILE or equivalent)
- Substantial experience in a senior research nursing/CTP role in an acute NHS setting
- Experience in the oversight of research clinics
- Proven ability to lead in the set-up of research studies to include oversight of governance and approvals requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of leading significant change, delivering tangible and sustained improvements.
- Experience of developing business and workforceplans in line with future service requirements
- Experience of managing and motivating staff and improving individuals and team performance
- Able to build rapport and credibility with senior clinical and managerial colleagues.
- Experience of managing employment relation issues
- Financial management skills to include experience of preparing costings for research studies and generation of invoices for completed research studies.
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- Extensive knowledge and experience of practice and policy across a broad range of responsibilities, e.g., financial systems & budgetary control, corporate, clinical and research governance, health & safety, and human resources
- Excellent communication skills and highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to act autonomously in planning & running of research studies
- Ability to organise diverse teams to deliver high standard of patient care .
- Evidence of participation in audit & the promotion of evidence -based practice.
- Proven ability to influence others through research findings.
- To prepare written reports and contribute to business planning and service delivery.
- Open, participative, dynamic, and supportive leadership with a flexible management style
- Successful track record in conflict resolution and performance management
- In depth knowledge and understanding of research methodologies including phase I to IV clinical trials.
- In depth understanding of ICH -GCP and competency in delivering related training to research and non - research staff
Royal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- oDemonstrate evidence of professional development
- oKnowledge of professional issues and NMC guidelines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate ability to meet Trust Values
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.