As a teaching hospital, we offer training and support to learners and newly qualified nurses/ODPs. Successful candidates would be fully supported in learning new skills and knowledge. In house training and also external training is offered. For the right candidate we will also offer a hybrid role including scrub and anaesthetics.
The post holder will be required to work as a part of a highly motivated team with a real commitment to providing a high standard of patient care.
As a registered practitioner either on the NMC or HCPC registers you will be dynamic innovative and motivated health care professional who has patient care and safety at the heart of everything you do.Main duties of the job
The Orthopaedic Theatre Team is looking to recruit dynamic and innovative ODP/RN's to join our amazing team.
We have 6 laminar air flow theatres across the 2 sites covering a 7 day service of Trauma, and Elective Surgery including Primary and Revision Arthroplasty work .
During your working week, you will have the chance to develop or extend your knowledge in a supportive learning environment with a multi-disciplinary team that is dedicated and passionate to delivering the best care to our patients.
By joining us we will give you the support and development you need to become a practitioner of the future.About us
All new colleagues can expect to receive a warm and friendly Wirral welcome from the very first time they make contact with us. We are described as competent and caring staff by our patients.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated on The Wirral peninsula which has a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside surroundings, with great activities for its residents.
We are one of the largest and busiest acute Trusts in the North West of England, comprising of the Wirral's only Emergency Department. We provide a high quality range of acute care services and employ over 6,000 staff, who serve a population of approximately 400,000 people across Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Neston, North Wales and the wider North West footprint.
We have approximately 855 beds trust-wide and our financial turnover is in excess of �337m.
The Wirral is easily accessible with excellent transport links including motorway, train, bus or ferry and within easy reach to the major cities of Liverpool, Chester and Manchester as well as neighbouring North Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job overview & attached Job description for further information about the Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedics position available with WUTH.Person SpecificationQualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Registered Nurse/Operating Department Practice
- Maintain up to date skills and knowledge and maintain awareness of professional issues.
- Participate in teaching and developing staff, regularly taking part in learning activities that develop skills and knowledge of self and others
- Ensure the effective use of physical and financial resources
- Ability to identify own learning requirements.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Value and respect all individuals by actively adopting the core trust values and behaviours
- Desire to develop personally and professionally
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self and others.
Qualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- To act up in the absence of team leader
- Assist in the development of policies, protocols, and guidelines.
- Adhere to Trust policies and procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Participate in the department rota including out of hours working, undertaking cross site working.
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.