We are recruiting for a Senior Clinical Oncology Pharmacist who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
This role is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a pharmacist who is looking to develop or consolidate their oncology knowledge in a wide range of cancer treatments and join our Pharmacy team at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre.
You should have previous experience of working in a hospital pharmacy and any previous experience in oncology would be desirable.
You will be expected to work closely with nursing and medical staff and with patients to provide an integrated service to cancer patients.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
To ensure that prescriptions are screened clinically to promote the rational use of drug therapy and evaluation of the appropriateness of the regimen selected.
To act as a clinic, ward, clinical trial and day-case unit oncology pharmacist providing pharmaceutical care to cancer patients on a rotational basis.
To be responsible for clear communication channels between the oncology team and the oncology out-patient department medical and nursing staff to ensure a smooth patient journey during the chemotherapy prescribing, verification, administration and discharge processes.
To provide highly specialised advice concerning the pharmaceutical care of cancer patients as appropriate, to patients, relatives and other health professional colleagues including senior consultant medical staff.
To provide a specialist and patient focused oncology pharmacy service to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre.
To be an active member of the oncology pharmacy team in the provision of pharmaceutical care for cancer patients.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
In addition, you will receive a High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of �4,134 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- GPhC Registration
- Clinical Diploma or equivalent experience
- Mandatory CPD to maintain fitness to practice
- Masters Degree MPharm (or equivalent)
- Pharmacist Independent Non-medical prescriber (or willing to work towards completion).
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Relevant experience in providing clinical pharmacy services
- Experience in Hospital Pharmacy services
- Experience in working as a non-medical prescriber within Oncology or Haematology
- Managing Staff
- Experience in implementing change and project management
- Experience of working in oncology pharmacy
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Ability to use their own initiative and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Organisational skill and attention to detail
- Problem solving and time managment skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership skills
- Can show appropriate applications of clinical knowledge and effective pharmaceutical care skills
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.