Are you looking for the next step in your Healthcare Science Career?
We are seeking to appoint a highly experienced Healthcare Scientist to provide clinical and operational leadership for the Sleep Service at Manchester Foundation Trust ( Wythenshawe and Trafford sites)
The post holder will be expected to maintain a high level of technical and scientific knowledge and expertise in their specialist discipline.
The post holder will be accountable to the Lead of Healthcare Science for Respiratory and sleep for managerial issues and the Clinical head of department in the post holders' specialist discipline for technical and scientific issues and will plan and shape the sleep service.Main duties of the job
- To work with Lead of Healthcare Science for Respiratory and Sleep, Clinical leads for Sleep and the Divisional Director for Respiratory in service improvement and development .
- To take delegated responsibility for the budget and the resources of the Department
- To take responsibility for workforce and resource provision
- To manage specific projects as identified by the post holder and the Lead of Healthcare Science for Respiratory and sleep
- Take responsibility for the departments quality management systems.
- Work with higher education institutes to develop and deliver training programmes for the workforce of the future
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. If you are unvaccinated, there is helpful advice and information available by searching on the NHS England website where you can also find out more about how to access the vaccination. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Up-to-date specialist knowledge of sleep physiology.
- Up- to date- knowledge of respiratory physiology.
- BSc Physiological sciences, or Practitioner Training Programme, or equivalent
- Registered with Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (RPSGT)
- Scientific Training Programme. RCCP/ AHCS registration or equivalent
- Eligible for registration on the 'M' register of Health Care Scientists
- Management qualification and/or experience.
- Experience in recording, interpreting, and reporting highly complex polysomnographic sleep data.
- Experience of working in a large multi- disciplinary setting
- Experience of leadership and managing change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of preparing presentations and lecturing at degree level
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Moorside Road, Davyhulme,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.