Are you interested in the management and support of Nursing and Midwifery rosters? We are looking to appoint a full time eRoster Facilitator to join the Chief Nursing Office: Workforce team on a fixed-term contract for six months.Main duties of the job
There is great emphasis on the effective implementation and facilitation of eRostering, stemming from the Lord Carter Review (2016) which highlights the need for good use of technology in relation to workforce utilisation, thus improving predictability and consistency for deployment of staff and safety for patients.
Experience of eRostering is vital for this role and a general understanding of the Nursing and Midwifery profession.
Your role will include working autonomously with an assigned workload, to deliver technical results with a contribution to strategic change. You will be supporting clinical teams with support and advice in all aspects of the system and related systems. You will be reporting to the Lead Nurse/ Manager for Workforce Utilisation and Safe Staffing and will be joining the eRoster Team.About us
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust comprises five of the UK's best known hospitals - Guy's, St Thomas', Evelina London Children's Hospital, Royal Brompton and Harefield - as well as community services in Lambeth and Southwark, all with a long history of high quality care, clinical excellence, research and innovation. See www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk.
We are among the UK's busiest, most successful foundation trusts. We provide specialist care for patients including heart and lung, cancer and renal services as well as a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Lambeth and Southwark. See www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk
We have a long tradition of clinical and scientific achievement and - as part of King's Health Partners - we are one of England's eight academic health sciences centres, bringing together world-class clinical services, teaching and research. We have one of the National Institute for Health Research's biomedical research centres, established with King's College London in 2007, as well as dedicated clinical research facilities. See www.kingshealthpartners.org
We have around 22,700 staff, making us one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country and one of the biggest employers locally. We aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and continue to develop new and existing partnerships with local people, patients, neighbouring NHS organisations, local authorities and charitable bodies and GPs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be required to support the implementation of eRoster systems for the nursing and midwifery workforce. This includes to review, build and maintain rosters. You will have experience of providing training in groups and/or on a one-to-one basis, updating project plans, adhering to project timelines, delivering presentations and producing User Guides.
You will be responsible for delivering training on the eRostering systems, reporting and analysis, and data cleansing. You will have experience of supporting systems in a demanding environment, NHS Electronic Staff Records (ESR) and experience of using an electronic roster system
Present complex information clearly to colleagues at all levels communicate information of a highly technical nature.
The selected candidate must work well within a team, demonstrate Trust Values, work autonomously and manage their time productively and meet deadlines. It is necessary for the candidate to liaise with a variety of departments and work cross-sites in a collaborative manner.
You will need to have great attention to detail, excellent communication skills and enjoy liaising with colleagues and staff at all levels. You will have an organised and methodical approach to your work.Person SpecificationQualifications / KnowledgeEssential
- Diploma or degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience in a relevant post/s
- Teaching and Assessing qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued and ongoing professional development
- Formal project management training, e.g. Prince 2
- IT software and development training
- Experience of contributing to the introduction of change in the workplace
- Experience of managing a varied range of tasks and activities
- Experience of data collection and inputting
- Experience of Data analysis and presenting in a meaningful format
- Experience of supporting the management of budgets and delivering financial savings as part of a team.
- Payroll / ESR / IT experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Report writing / data presentation
- IT literacy skills
- Ability to understand project management and timescales
- Knowledge of the healthcare setting and understanding of the need to provide an effective 24 hour service
- Ability to engage a wide range of individuals
- Skills of negotiation and engaging team members
- Knowledge of, and experience in developing IT operational standards and processes
- High level of communication skills and ability to explain technical issues to a non technical audience experience of delivering training to different audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Able to prioritise workload in response to changing demands able to work flexibly and respond to service needs
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Guys and St Thomas Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.