* Previous Applicants need not Apply *
Are you a Mental Health Nurse (RMN) looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, you're in luck.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has an opportunity to join our Adult Acute Mental Health Brocton Ward at St Georges Hospital Stafford. Brocton House is a 20 bed inpatient facility for working age adults with acute mental health problems. We also provide a 6 bed 'Whittington Suite' for serving military personnel.
We are an award-winning Trust and have recently been ranked by HSJ awards as top in the Midlands for Mental Health, Learning and Development and Community Trusts as Best Place to work recommended by employees. When you come to work with us, we will help you reach your full potential. Not only that, we will actively seek opportunities to share the great things you are doing, with others locally, regionally, and nationally.Main duties of the job
- Delivering a high quality clinical service to patients and their families.
- Acting as named nurse to a group of patients under the direction / supervision of the person identified with continuing responsibility.
- Participating in therapeutic group work programmes.
- Taking charge of the ward in the absence of the ward manager and deputy ward manager.
- You will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and contributing to the formulation of the person's needs and the development of a relevant plan based upon the person's negotiated goals and relevant evidence based interventions.
- You will, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, provide nursing interventions to support the person to meet their agreed goals and coordinate and/ or participate in the review of progress towards those goals, utilising recommended outcome measures, involving the service user and any identified carer throughout the clinical
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesCheck out the videos below showcasing why you should grow your career here with us at MPFT:
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
What is it like to be an Inpatient Mental Health Nurse at MPFT? - YouTube
As an experienced Mental Health Nurse (RMN) from the NHS or private sector, you'll join a team that works in close partnership with Staffordshire Police and Mental Health Services, and youll join a Trust that puts people at the heart of what we do.
We provide inpatient facilities for working age adults with acute mental health problems and we are looking for caring, compassionate individual to work within our acute service who are committed to providing high quality care and treatment to our patients. Working in an acute environment can be challenging, but with the right team, positive attitude and resilience we are rising to the challenge and reaping the reward of being able to support people during their most difficult times.
With you in our team, we will empower you to work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care and a strong desire to improve the patients experience. You will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery and positive care in your work with your patients.
Your career with us will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy, and together we can make life better for our communities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered and Qualified Mental Health Nurse on NMC Register.
- Conforms to NMC requirements
- Experience of formulating assessments, planning, co-ordinating and supporting people within a hospital setting.
- Experience of providing care and interventions within a health setting including specialist mental health settings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Standard keyboard skills required for inputting onto RiO.
- Demonstrate an awareness of current thinking and guidance in the management of mental health conditions.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brocton House - St Georges Hospital, Stafford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.